1972 Anaheim Kingsmen Question

I was up top at the Stadium when the Kingsmen took the field they were freaken amazing I can't belive that was only 43 Horns Power to spare

Heh...I was told only 38 were really playing, or allowed to play. One I recently read got accidentally hit in the mouth with a flying bar of soap? I THINK that was about the 72 year but not totally sure.

It was really great to see the short clip of the 1972 Kingsmen at the Countdown. Wonderful footage.

Yes, it is wonderful footage, and it was a total surprise to me - I had no idea that DCI would include that in the program. We have the whole 1972 Kingsmen finals show on DVD, along with 27th at '72 finals. The very beginning of 27th's show is missing, however. Video is about what you saw in the theater, but the audio is quite good, and sounds like it might have been recorded with different mics than they used on the record. The ensemble sound when the corps is close to the sideline is better on the video.

You can also find a great early performance by the 71 Anaheim Kingsmen at World Open that is being sold by

http://www.drumcorpsvideos.com

Recorded from the stands a bit to the right of the 50 but it is a good black and white historical document of the corps.....the audio's not bad, either.

...and may I also recommend the rest of the line up from 71 World Open, including the famous "Alice" program of The Madison Scouts, and the Casper Troopers "Wagon Wheels" cowboy and indian spectacular from the same show.

If you want to see and hear The Kingsmen Alumni Corps live please check our calendar of events at http://www.xkingsmen.com

RON HOUSLEY

KAC 2nd Bari 06-07

Edited by ffernbus3