Ron Ghetti Tribute

The Van Schaick Island Neighborhood Watch (of which Ron was the President) will dedicate the Ghetti Gazebo on Tuesday evening, August 1st on Van Schaick Island (Cohoes, NY).

We have organized a group of players (growing every day) to play the national anthem, and possibly a couple of old tunes, to honor Ron at this dedication.

I was a student of Ron's back in the seventies, in Troy, NY, and I know that he has touched the lives of an un-knowable number of drum corps people in the region.

If you would like to participate in this tribute, please drop me a line. Details for the event are still being worked out, but we will soon be organizing a few short rehearsals. We have a great arrangement of the National Anthem to play and we do have some additional horns available.

We are also trying to locate one or two I-men arrangements or other tunes that might be appropriate to honor Ron. If you have suggestions, or can help us to locate these, please let me know.

Please pass this info along, as many will likely want to attend the dedication in August.

Thanks!

Tom MacDonald

tommacd@nycap.rr.com

Edited by brassomaniac