Seattle Brass Attack (Seattle's Brass Ensemble)

Hi everyone,

Since 1982 (last year really playing horn), I've collected dust, gained weight, lost hair, what's left is greyed out, 1 wife (1 ex), 3 kids, a dog, house (thus mortgage), boring job, and daily chores. In 2005 I hooked up with a hornline group of alumni from various corps in Seattle. We played a few parades and such but 2006 we changed direction. Under direction of Steve Baretich, we became known as "Seattle Brass Attack", we're a lean (not meant to say we're skinny) group playing classical Drum Corps music such as Maleguena, Legend of a One-Eyed Sailor, St. Louis Blues, Free, well, you get the picture - all in a stand still concert formation (yep, no running 200cpm!!). We just had our first gig and it went off pretty good.

Anyhow, our next gig is at the Seattle Cascades Home Show in Shoreline Washington July 8th. If anyone reads this and might be interested in blow a horn a few times a month plus a gig here and there this is for you.

We have enough horns for probably up to 100 more. We supply the horn you supply $25 to Northwest Youth Music Association and sign a security deposit for the horn and you're set. For more information we have a temporary website http://seattlebrassattack.bubbajames.com

Check us out!

Hi everyone,

Since 1982 (last year really playing horn), I've collected dust, gained weight, lost hair, what's left is greyed out, 1 wife (1 ex), 3 kids, a dog, house (thus mortgage), boring job, and daily chores. In 2005 I hooked up with a hornline group of alumni from various corps in Seattle. We played a few parades and such but 2006 we changed direction. Under direction of Steve Baretich, we became known as "Seattle Brass Attack", we're a lean (not meant to say we're skinny) group playing classical Drum Corps music such as Maleguena, Legend of a One-Eyed Sailor, St. Louis Blues, Free, well, you get the picture - all in a stand still concert formation (yep, no running 200cpm!!). We just had our first gig and it went off pretty good.

Anyhow, our next gig is at the Seattle Cascades Home Show in Shoreline Washington July 8th. If anyone reads this and might be interested in blow a horn a few times a month plus a gig here and there this is for you.

We have enough horns for probably up to 100 more. We supply the horn you supply $25 to Northwest Youth Music Association and sign a security deposit for the horn and you're set. For more information we have a temporary website http://seattlebrassattack.bubbajames.com

Check us out!

Are there any special gigs you do that some of us Renegades could be a Seattle Brass Attack for a day like we do with the Chinese New Year or Pride parade? Trav

It all started at Jerry Andal's Ranch Restaurant and Lounge. I started hanging out at the bar several nights a week dancing and drinking til 2am and thus became a regular patron. All the women called the guys "bubba" cause they didn't know anyone by their real name, hence my new name "bubba". So many bubba's around and turning their heads, I had to separate myself thus "bubbajames" became me. Though bar hanging left me once I got remarried, the name stuck.

Are there any special gigs you do that some of us Renegades could be a Seattle Brass Attack for a day like we do with the Chinese New Year or Pride parade? Trav

Seriously?

I'll start working on that. ^OO^

-Steve

It all started at Jerry Andal's Ranch Restaurant and Lounge. I started hanging out at the bar several nights a week dancing and drinking til 2am and thus became a regular patron. All the women called the guys "bubba" cause they didn't know anyone by their real name, hence my new name "bubba". So many bubba's around and turning their heads, I had to separate myself thus "bubbajames" became me. Though bar hanging left me once I got remarried, the name stuck.

I bet I don't have to explain where, or why I picked up the nickname "tic"

-Steve Baretich