High Country Brass Denver, Colorado Recruiting Drive

High Country Brass, a Senior/All Age Drum and Bugle Corps based in Denver, Colorado is currently recruiting for new members.

We are recruiting members age 17 or older for all three areas of the corps: Horns, Drums and Color Guard.

Previous musical and/or marching experience is not necessary. We will train you.

Yearly dues are very reasonable and the musical instruments and color guard equipment are provided by the High Country Brass organization.

If you're interested and would like further information please go to:

http://www.highcountrybrass.org

Thank you,

High Country Brass

Edited by rwrice

Yes come visit me at Drums Along the Rockies. I will be stationed at the High Country Brass Table. I will have sign up sheets and goodies. I can answer any questions that you might have about what we do and how you will fit in. Good time will be had!

Dont forget to check out our sister site on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/highcountrybrass

Edited by DFragmentor

So glad to hear stuff from you guys!

Hope you will be headed to TX for some fun DCA competition in the new future.

And I hope you guys got the invitation to bring your brass ensemble or such down to Brass Hysteria :)

So glad to hear stuff from you guys!

Hope you will be headed to TX for some fun DCA competition in the new future.

And I hope you guys got the invitation to bring your brass ensemble or such down to Brass Hysteria :)

Chris,

Hello there! Long time no hear.

Yes, it's nice to be back in the loop again!

I would love to come down there for a show with Frontier, Gulf Coast Sound, Austin Stars and Jackson Generals. If it could be held in Dallas that would sure work well as a centralized location for all.

Also, Jeff Dancinger is back from Iraq and working harder than ever to get Prairie Sound in Kansas City up and running too.

Great news, huh?

We might just get this Central/Southern circuit thing rolling here after all.

Thanks for the post!

Rice

Edited by rwrice

Oh it's coming. Days of 18+ hour bus rides for competition, are coming to an end.

This will also help corps grow slowly and attend championships when they are ready :)

Crosswinds and Masquerade are forming, Austin Stars and World Gone Mad are slightly ahead, Prairie Sound and High Country Brass are rehearsing, and Gulf Coast Sound and Frontier are out there marching...

the future looks VERY bright

and next year, there will be a DCA-C/DCA-S Weekend of shows in TX. Gulf Coast Sound has already opened the doors with Brass on the Bayou, and Brass Hysteria 2007 will still be a festival show, but will also be a DCA sanctioned contest

Oh it's coming. Days of 18+ hour bus rides for competition, are coming to an end.

This will also help corps grow slowly and attend championships when they are ready :)

Sounds good! I think we share some of the same feelings on this issue.

Crosswinds and Masquerade are forming, Austin Stars and World Gone Mad are slightly ahead, Prairie Sound and High Country Brass are rehearsing, and Gulf Coast Sound and Frontier are out there marching...

Whoops......... Didn't mean to short change anyone here. Congratulations to Crosswinds, Masquerade and World Gone Mad for getting something strated. That's terrific! More Drum Corps!

and next year, there will be a DCA-C/DCA-S Weekend of shows in TX. Gulf Coast Sound has already opened the doors with Brass on the Bayou, and Brass Hysteria 2007 will still be a festival show, but will also be a DCA sanctioned contest

Excellent! We'll be recruiting and rehearsing our posteriors off so perhaps we'll see you there.

Rice

Wow, so many new names. Are these all going to evolve into field corps, or are there "minicorps" among them. We have just one new Sr. start up here in the Northwest, and it's going to remain off the field for the forseable future.

In any case the all age/Sr. scene is spreading. I wonder if these groups will ever outnumber the Jr's?

Steve

Wow, so many new names. Are these all going to evolve into field corps, or are there "minicorps" among them. We have just one new Sr. start up here in the Northwest, and it's going to remain off the field for the forseable future.

In any case the all age/Sr. scene is spreading. I wonder if these groups will ever outnumber the Jr's?

Steve

Hey Steve!

Yeah, a lot of new start up's, huh? It seems to be spreading quicker than I even hoped for!

I can only speak for myself when I say that I'd like to do a mini-corps in the next couple of years.

However, that's only my opinion.

We'll have to wait and see how successful our recruiting efforts are first.

With the way things are going for the Junior's these days, who knows? Perhaps even the Senior/All Age mini-corps will out number the Junior's!

Are you still looking for baritone players?

Sorry I haven't gotten a hold of Brian Fox the baritone player from the Sentinels for you yet but, I will.

Rice

Can you imagine "Welcome to the New Senior Drum and Bugle Corps World Championships!" airing on ESPN2 following the Junior Drum and Bugle Corps World Championships. MUAHAHA I can feel it!