Bandettes?

Just out of curiousity, I was going to look up the Bandettes/Steel Town Brass to see how the reformation was coming along. But their website has disappeared.

Anyone have news?

still there I think, I just loaded it up

http://www.bandettes.org/

Do any corps insiders have an update? We're all hoping to see you back soon!

still there I think, I just loaded it up

http://www.bandettes.org/

Must've clicked a broken or bad link then...

Still would like to hear some news.

Hey All,

SteelTown Brass is doing good.

We had a 2 week tour that was very good. We did lots of parades and even learned one of the field show tunes. The corps did the hometown parade which I was not able to go to. Also, the corps is doing 2 more local parades. The members all had a great time and all but 1 or 2 say that they will be back next year.

I believe that we will get the kids to march if the ones we have now help out in the recruiting process.

We need more support from volunteers and parents. One cook and one bus driver is not enough... plus staff. If we can get the parent support everything will fall into place. We need people to do the fund raising as well as on the road stuff.

Next year we will also need a percussion and guard instructor that can travel in the summer as well as do the winter camps.

The web site is still there but is not updated. Our webmaster has not taken the time to do so. We are currently in search of someone to volunteer some time to update the site. The forums are still there and working... that is the best place to find info on us right now, or to talk with us.

Thanks,

Shara

Great news - good luck!

Aww, man... They were at one of the parades that I missed this year, Robbinsdale. I was coming in on a flight as both SteelTown and my own corps were lining up for that parade.

Thanks for the link. Go Bandettes!

rimshotTerrance

Aww, man... They were at one of the parades that I missed this year, Robbinsdale. I was coming in on a flight as both SteelTown and my own corps were lining up for that parade.

We actually ended up not doing that parade.... they canceled us so, I took the corps to a well earned break at the Mall of America for the afternoon.

Shara

We actually ended up not doing that parade.... they canceled us so, I took the corps to a well earned break at the Mall of America for the afternoon.

Shara

Funny... I know that Lakeville cancelled us. Curious indeed. It's like fate worked against the two corps meeting.

Actually, I was at the airport, a quick light rail ride from the MOA. Had the wife and I not been lugging baggage, we may have gone over there to kill time as we waited for our ride home.