4. Jester 37.200

3. Fever 65.700

2. Impulse 75.950

1. Yamato 76.100

DIV II

3. SCVC 84.300

2. Oregon Crusaders 86.300

1. Academy 91.??? (screaming)

Hopefully DCI will have the recaps up soon!!!

Hopefully DCI will have the recaps up soon!!!

Do you want to bet? To them it is just a little piddley west coast div 2/3 show. I'll predict no scores or recaps on DCI's website until late tomorrow morning... at the earliest. In the past, they either have them up early or they don't post them until MUCH MUCH later. Well, early has come and gone...

Great show, was there personally..

My general Observations.. Please note, I'm a hornline guy and mostly watched the horns for each group. (This is not a full review either, only a few groups)

Oregon Crusaders - MUCH improved over last year, and as you can tell from the above scores, being rewarded for it. I loved the visual complexity in their show.. really stood out in my mind.. I thought their execution of the visual "goodies" (manuals, body work, etc) to be fairly good as well, not quite finals week material, but of course, we are not in August yet.

There was one Trumpet/Flugel..? Soloist that had a rough night, but I'm sure the Arizona heat wasn't helping him a lot.

Overall, OC has come a long way, and with that last push to the end of the season, they will be a contender.

IMPULSE (Div. III): Pleasantly surprised at the volume and quality produced from the hornline..I wasnt sure what to expect with the change from Division II to III, but, as usual, they came on and entertained the pants off everyone. Solid show IMHO.

Arizona ACADEMY: -One word came to mind for me - Fabulous.

These kids came out and shined tonight and the whole stadium was electric.

By far, the most musically demanding show of the night. Lots of double tonguing, technical passages, and fast tempo. The Jazz running at the end was nice to see too. I personally could not hear any flaws in the music at all, whether in the brass or in the greater ensemble. Very tight ship they run there. The visuals were spit clean, marching top notch, and even the small details were all there.. The looks on the faces of the performers, every detail seemed attended to.. Almost felt like watching a Division one group.

Kudos to all for a great night. Definitely worth my 18 bucks.

Edited by Canadacorps

thoughts to come later....during my solo drive back to tucson, i was sick to my stomach (while driving, JOY!), so i'm heading to bed.

but what a show.... not quite worth getting sick for maybe, but worth the solo driving, lol.

a quick item of note before i pass out.... jester dedicated their show tonight to the renegades....very cool.

fuller review up in review forum

(Revised and official - verified - I promise)

DIV III

4. Jester 37.200

3. Fever 65.700

2. Impulse 75.950

1. Yamato 76.100

DIV II

3. SCVC 84.300

2. Oregon Crusaders 86.300

1. Academy 91.250