Van Buren Show

Sounds like things are really heating up in Div III. Anyone at the show tonight to give comments?

Trinity: Sadly, they folded a week or two ago and was unable to attend. :(

Impulse: Neat show; they were fun to march with last year. A little flat for me, but they really were having a ball out there.

Fever: Can't remember too much, nothing that sticks out too much, but to be honest, I was biased and am not very good at reviewing corps' performances.

Revolution: They were the first corps that really kept my attention the whole show.

Yamato: They were another good corps and kept my interest going too.

Intermission: Ah, time to watch Memphis brass warm up. Nice, big sound. Warm up got cut a little bit short.

Vanguard Cadets: I missed the first half of the show because I was in the lot watching Memphis warm up, but I caught the second half of the show and they looked amazing.

Memphis: A little bit of an off night, visually for Memphis, but they still delivered, being a "home crowd," the crowd really dug them. However, as much as I hate to say it, their show was performed better during their runthrough at the housing site. Still very impressive though.

Academy: Not much to say: they delivered, and it was good.

OC: Very good; a former ex-corps percussionist and school mate of mine said they didn't deserve the score, but I thought they were fairly well placed. They have one good trumpet (sop, if you must) soloist who is featured. A lot.

That being said, I'm not a very good reviewer.

Trinity: Sadly, they folded a week or two ago and was unable to attend. :(

Impulse: Neat show; they were fun to march with last year. A little flat for me, but they really were having a ball out there.

Fever: Can't remember too much, nothing that sticks out too much, but to be honest, I was biased and am not very good at reviewing corps' performances.

Revolution: They were the first corps that really kept my attention the whole show.

Yamato: They were another good corps and kept my interest going too.

Intermission: Ah, time to watch Memphis brass warm up. Nice, big sound. Warm up got cut a little bit short.

Vanguard Cadets: I missed the first half of the show because I was in the lot watching Memphis warm up, but I caught the second half of the show and they looked amazing.

Memphis: A little bit of an off night, visually for Memphis, but they still delivered, being a "home crowd," the crowd really dug them. However, as much as I hate to say it, their show was performed better during their runthrough at the housing site. Still very impressive though.

Academy: Not much to say: they delivered, and it was good.

OC: Very good; a former ex-corps percussionist and school mate of mine said they didn't deserve the score, but I thought they were fairly well placed. They have one good trumpet (sop, if you must) soloist who is featured. A lot.

That being said, I'm not a very good reviewer.

Thank you for the review. Always good to hear comments from different perspectives.

Did you really march with Impulse last year? If so, you probably know my daughter. Loved the Incredibles show!

Thank you for the review. Always good to hear comments from different perspectives.

Did you really march with Impulse last year? If so, you probably know my daughter. Loved the Incredibles show!

Not with Impulse, but with another Div II corps. I meant it was fun to have shows with them.

Not with Impulse, but with another Div II corps. I meant it was fun to have shows with them.

That is what is soo cool about this activity. What with all the competition and preening etc. in the end it is one big family. When a corps has difficulties like a truck breaks down and they don't have insturments, they are lent items - by the competetion. The laze around together, take pictures together, celebrate together and commisurate together.

It's just like my boys, they are always brothers and will stand up for each other, but will also fight for position.

Hey - they are all a part of the big show, they are part of CORPS, and that is a large fraternal organization.

Dad