Somewhere WAY Over the Rainbow

Who Can I Turn To?

Concerto De Aranjuez

We also have a set of nice arrangements for our Christmas-season performances:

The Christmas Song

Silent Night

Silver Bells

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

We've begun work on all of these, and we'll be ready to get out there soon!

Local jazz trumpeter, Kevin Hendrick, will instruct the brass section, in addition to playing lead trumpet.

Kevin comes to us with a HUGE amount of experience on some of the best horn bands in our area; including The Out of Control Rhythm and Blues Band, The Joey Thomas Big Band, Brass-O-Mania!, The Groove Syndicate, The Latin Kings Orchestra and more.

He is a great fit for the type of ensemble we envision at Capital Brass!

The fireworks begin on Wednesday, 9/20 ; 6:30pm.

To arrange to sit in, drop us a line.

More info at: Capital Brass!

Edited by brassomaniac

Last bump before Wednesday's rehearsal.

Remember, this is not an open rehearsal. But, if you'd like to sit in, or just want to talk with me about our project, drop me a little note!

And, watch for information on our fall open house. We've got some interesting things planned.

(I could tell you what they are, but then I'd have to... well, you know how that goes.)

Working on a site and a date, and will post the info AS SOON as we get it nailed down!

Edited by brassomaniac

first official rehearsal went VERY well!

added some new low brass players, who sight-read the book surprisingly well.

Worked through 7 tunes, with several of them already shaping up nicely:

Blues for Brass

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

The Jazz Police

When You Wish Upon a Star/Somewhere WAY over the Rainbow

The Christmas Song

Silver Bells

Silent Night

We recently picked up another mellophone and a nice DEG marching Tuba (not a convertable). So we have a couple of spots open.

We're also working on another baritone horn, and when we get it, we'll open one more bari position.

If you were thinking of playing with us this year, you're already falling behind, and we'll be out performing very soon.

So.... get to the next rehearsal - next Wednesday 6:30-8:30 - Defreestville, NY

Openings for: one mello and one tuba. (and in the next couple of weeks: one bari).

Many of the mello parts require fairly advanced technical skills; tuba parts are often walking bass lines (bass guitar parts).

We have a full trumpet section at this time, but would consider a motivated candidate, with good technical skills, who would like to double a part in a VERY GOOD section.

We're strating with a strong group of musicians and are ready to perform with the players we have. As we originally planned, we'll grow from here by adding one quality player at a time...

... the next one could be YOU!

The Times Union came by rehearsal tonite with a photogapher, so expect to see a story in the local paper soon. We didn't get our own pics, but we'll get some from the TU photog and will get them up on the website.

THIS THING IS STARTING TO HAPPEN!

Edited by brassomaniac