Parking an RV in Madison

Is anyone familiar enough with Madison to know if it would be a good/bad idea to park an RV at Henry Vilas Park during semifinals? I'm going to the show but my family doesn't want to, and that park looks like a good place for them to hang out, but I can't tell if there is even a place to park a 31-foot RV. Any Madison insiders have an opinion? It's about a mile south of Camp Randall.

Is anyone familiar enough with Madison to know if it would be a good/bad idea to park an RV at Henry Vilas Park during semifinals? I'm going to the show but my family doesn't want to, and that park looks like a good place for them to hang out, but I can't tell if there is even a place to park a 31-foot RV. Any Madison insiders have an opinion? It's about a mile south of Camp Randall.

It would probably be ok if you can find the room. Since it's summer, Vilas can be pretty packed with park/beach/zoo/fishing goers. There is a man who parks there every summer....although I haven't seen him this year.

Thanks, Annabelle! I'm hoping that at 4:30 on a Friday, there won't be too many people there for the evening yet, and most of the zoo-going day care groups will be gone.

It might be a good idea to check with the officials at city hall and especially the Parks Department before entering. Since they're expecting tourists ... it might be okay ... but in my experience, it's best to check with the city folks before taking the chance (and getting either pleasantly surprised ... or ... ). If it isn't okay, they could suggest a place to park that is close but that wouldn't interfere with others' parking. Just a suggestion ... I don't know the policies in Madison ...

True, it might be good to have the "official" view on the situation. Thanks for the advice.

Anybody know of a potentially better place to do what I'm wanting to do? I'm looking at it as "we're on vacation, looking for a park or some other interesting place to park an RV and hang out at, and oh, by the way, it would be nice if it was close to Camp Randall"...