SCV's Finals Performance?

Just curious... What happened at Finals with SCV? They were on a burn earlier in the week and looked like they had momentum to take them into 4th. Did they have a slightly more flat Finals performance or did Blue and Cadets come in with more of a push?

Not to take anything away from SCV's season. This was a very nice step in the right direction...and congrats to the corps!

Just curious... What happened at Finals with SCV? They were on a burn earlier in the week and looked like they had momentum to take them into 4th. Did they have a slightly more flat Finals performance or did Blue and Cadets come in with more of a push?

Not to take anything away from SCV's season. This was a very nice step in the right direction...and congrats to the corps!

SCV was great tonight and actually thought they might have been able to get around the Cadets too. Their hornline was much better tonight in person than I thought at the movie theatre on Quarterfinals. Great run SCV...they are getting back into the thick of things!

I thought SCV had their best show of the week tonight. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. :( But congrats anyway on an outstanding season!!

This is what happened: SCV had the best performance of their season tonight. The visual performance, the colorguard, the hornline and drumline were tremendous, getting one of the greatest ovations of the night. That's what happened, pure and simple. Had you heard the utter surprise of the audience and the incredible standing O that SCV got upon announcement of its placement, I think it's fair to say that the audience agreed, and we call just can't wait to see what next year holds.

Thank you SCV for an incredible year.

PhilSCV

I thought it ironic that The Cadets maintained their placement edge tonight over SCV after those same Santa Clara boosters in the stands who chanted, "S-C-V" over and over during Vanguard's entrance tried to disrupt Cadets' show by yelling "Don't do it!" (open the door), and " In Madison!" in response to the vocalist's query, "Where am I?" :P

I really enjoyed SCV's performance on an evening of really outstanding performances, so their placement seemed about right to me.

My only objection was their guard continuing to act out their perpetual motion show theme while scores were being announced. It was somewhat distracting to see so much movement when all the other corps were at parade rest. Just my personal feeling here. <**>

Edited by Phan Doris

My only objection was their guard continuing to act out their perpetual motion show theme while scores were being announced. It was somewhat distracting to see so much movement when all the other corps were at parade rest. Just my personal feeling here. <**>

More distracting than the BD guard walking around and taking pictures?

We thought it was cool that the Perpetual Motion was perpetual.

I was hoping they'd do something like that and continue the show into retreat. Actually, what I think I wanted was for Mr. Moto to do slow laps around their block all night. They're definitely not the first corps to move during retreat, though. Movement with a purpose, I like. Fidgeting or screwing around... no.