Heartfelt Congrats!

To the Canton Bluecoats.... you have no idea how EXTREMELY PROUD, HAPPY, OVERWHELMED, PLEASED, JOYOUS you have made all Bluecoats alumni this season, and the past three or four!!!! Your steady rise since narrowly missing finals in 1999 has been an exciting ride for not only marching members and staff, but for your alumni who have gone through the ranks since 1972!!!!

There is no doubt that Art Druckenbrod, Chuck Stan, and others are smiling down from above today at your accomplishments during the 2006 season!!!!! (Ooops...Tom Jakmides too!!)

To the 2006 marching members...Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication this season in being the best you can be!!!! You are know a part of what some call the drum corps 'elite.' And rightfuly an deservedly so!!!

To Dave Glasgow, Bill Hamilton, Genevieve Geisler, Drew Shanefield, Mike McIntosh, Doug Thrower, Jamie Oakley....and the rest of the staff... THANKS for putting together a program that truly knocked our socks off!!! Please come back next season and outdo yourselves!!!

Finally..... Ted Swaldo... I know you do not like to be at the forefront and take credit that much.... but I would be remiss for not saying a huge THANK YOU for believing that the Bluecoats could survive back in the winter of 1983... You walked into the midst of the Bluecoats family in 1981 when your son marched, and your enthusiasm for the Bluecoats and the drum corps activity were very apparent from that day forward!!!!! Thanks for taking a risk during that winter 23 years ago, and laying it on the line!!!!

GO BLOOOOOOOO!!!! KICK IT UP IN 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by victorcoly

Geez....thought more fellow alums of Blue would post here!!

:)

All this love just brings tears to my eyes.

But I just want to add the founders

Babe Stern

Ralph Mcculey

This was when it started as the Canton Police Boys Club

And if you know your history you know the rest of the story

Go BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks to All we Love this Corp

But I just want to add the founders

Babe Stern

Ralph Mcculey

This was when it started as the Canton Police Boys Club

And if you know your history you know the rest of the story

Go BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks to All we Love this Corp

MAM... I forgot about Ralph and Babe.. Yeesh.... Without them, this whole thing never would have gotten off of the ground!!!!

Ah yes.... memories of the old Boys Club on Navarre Rd!!!!

MAM... I forgot about Ralph and Babe.. Yeesh.... Without them, this whole thing never would have gotten off of the ground!!!!

Ah yes.... memories of the old Boys Club on Navarre Rd!!!!

They need to be nomianted in to the DCI Hall of Fame.

How do we go about doing this?

To the Canton Bluecoats.... you have no idea how EXTREMELY PROUD, HAPPY, OVERWHELMED, PLEASED, JOYOUS you have made all Bluecoats alumni this season, and the past three or four!!!! Your steady rise since narrowly missing finals in 1999 has been an exciting ride for not only marching members and staff, but for your alumni who have gone through the ranks since 1972!!!!

There is no doubt that Art Druckenbrod, Chuck Stan, and others are smiling down from above today at your accomplishments during the 2006 season!!!!! (Ooops...Tom Jakmides too!!)

To the 2006 marching members...Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication this season in being the best you can be!!!! You are know a part of what some call the drum corps 'elite.' And rightfuly an deservedly so!!!

To Dave Glasgow, Bill Hamilton, Genevieve Geisler, Drew Shanefield, Mike McIntosh, Doug Thrower, Jamie Oakley....and the rest of the staff... THANKS for putting together a program that truly knocked our socks off!!! Please come back next season and outdo yourselves!!!

Finally..... Ted Swaldo... I know you do not like to be at the forefront and take credit that much.... but I would be remiss for not saying a huge THANK YOU for believing that the Bluecoats could survive back in the winter of 1983... You walked into the midst of the Bluecoats family in 1981 when your son marched, and your enthusiasm for the Bluecoats and the drum corps activity were very apparent from that day forward!!!!! Thanks for taking a risk during that winter 23 years ago, and laying it on the line!!!!

GO BLOOOOOOOO!!!! KICK IT UP IN 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm... ditto. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

VICTOR:

Thanks for the post -- and I agree whole-heartedly!!!

I could NOT be prouder to bleed Bluuuuue than I am right now. What the staff, designers and members have done over the last few seasons is amazing -- four straight seasons of matching or setting new "all-time highest finishes" at Finals, not to mention three straight seasons of "peaking at the right time" and moving up from semifinals to finals (that's for all those DCPers out there who continued to say the Bluecoats would and/had peaked too soon).

With the groundwork continuously be put down in the background by Dave and Gen and the dedication of the rest of the staff, volunteers and alumni, I don't see any reason the Bluecoats can't continue to battle with the "big boys" for years to come!!!

Thank You VERY MUCH to EVERYONE involved with the Bluecoats in 2006 and the years leading up to last night's fourth-place finish!!!