VK Organization

The 7th season of DCP-I was one for the record books. The organization had it’s best season since season 1.

The flagship of the organization, The Velour Knights finished the season with their highest placement to date, with a 6th place finish at DCP-I World Championships. Although it was a up and down season, from the stripping of a regional title to a mild case of the "PC Virus". All in all the kids and staff did a wonderful job and all should be congratulated.

VK Too continued it consistency in division 2, having made finals in every season it has competed in. "Business as usual", was the motto the corps used to motivate them all season. Just getting done what needed to get done, help to push the corps to a 5th place finish. At times in the season where, the staff though it could be over, then a MASS drill rewrite midseason help clear all of that up. Not too many age-out in the "A" corps, so many of the kids will return for another season in D2.

As the season was coming about, the organization debated on whether or not to open our hearts to another corps. The decision was made that we would start a "Kiddie" corps for the under 12 population of our community, and the VK³ Drun and Bugle Corps was born. The doors opened and the kids poured into rehearsal. Not just a bunch of kids, but kids with talent. The season stated rough, but with the help of a former D3 champion (Raincross) the kids saw what it was like perform at a high level. Lo and behold they started to get it, and get it well. By the time we were ready for the trip to Madison, the “Kiddies” had grown up a lot. Knowing that none of these kids had ever marched before (most are just entering middle school) and to put the D3 drum world on notice was nothing short of FANTASTIC. Cumulating in a silver medal at the DCP-I World Championships.

As the director of such a fine organization I couldn’t be more proud of the kids, staff, parents & support staff.

As usual the VK Organization will most likely take the off season off. (But who knows).

See you on the field in Season 8.

Edited by Ex VK DM