Empire Statesmen 2007 Announcement!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...........seriously though.........................

Still not fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

So move the date - how's next weekend for you? :P

Seriously, one of my daughters is considering going to Empire this year but she marches winter guard (Ventures) and mostly all of her weekends between now and WGI are tied up. How would we handle that?

Seriously, one of my daughters is considering going to Empire this year but she marches winter guard (Ventures) and mostly all of her weekends between now and WGI are tied up. How would we handle that?

Pretty much like most 'all-age' corps. Fill out an application, let them know you compete in Winter Guard, be ready for your first rehearsal as soon as WGI is over. Simple as that I would say. Filling out the application first would be good, that way you can get a heads up as to practice sites and any inside info that they may have to pass on to new members. Good luck to your daughter, she will be glad she joined Empire.

Pretty much like most 'all-age' corps. Fill out an application, let them know you compete in Winter Guard, be ready for your first rehearsal as soon as WGI is over. Simple as that I would say. Filling out the application first would be good, that way you can get a heads up as to practice sites and any inside info that they may have to pass on to new members. Good luck to your daughter, she will be glad she joined Empire.

This past summer we had several girls from the Ventures winterguard on the field with us. They came to us once the winterguard season was over along with the rest of the guard. I would suggest that she talk to some of the girls from her winterguard to get the details on what the experience was as well as any specific guard info.

One of the Canadian girls was named Leeanne Bonney, get her to t alk to her. I am sure Leeanne will guide her through the steps she needs to take between now and her first rehearsal.

I hope this helps.