More CLASS Corps announce show music

The majority of corps in CLASS have now finalized show music for this seasons competition.

In Division I

The Knights (as previously announced) will do Doctor Zhivago, music as follows:

Doctor Zhivago by Maurice Jarre

Overture-Main Title

Funeral Song

Komarovsky With Lara In The Hotel/Interior Student Cafe

Military Parade/They Began To Go Home/After Deserters Killed The Colonel/At The Hospital

Lara Says Goodbye To Yuri/Tonya Greets Yuri

Evening Bells-Moscow Station

Flags Flying Over The Train/Yuri Gazing Through A Tiny Open Hatch

Intermission

Yuri Follows The Sound Of The Waterfall/ Varykino Cottage, Winter Snow/Yuri And The Daffodils

In Lara's Bedroom-played completely by sideline percussion

Yuri Is Taken Prisoner By The Red Parisans

Yuri Is Trying To Write/Yuri Frightens The Wolves Away

Then It's A Gift (End Title)

Sunrise Surf

Sol Invictus ("the undefeated Sun")

Sol Invictus-Sunrise in Acadia-original music by Gary Currier-this piece gives tribute to the first land that sees the sunrise in the United States in the composers home state of Maine on Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park.

[/i]Sunrise[/i]-Nora Jones and Here Comes the Sun/I'll Follow the Sun-Beatles-sends a slightly different direction as we now slide across the east coast headed toward the great lakes and show the effects that the sun has on our culture even through music and emotion. We begin to see the sun sparkle on the water of the lakes as Sol Invictus returns with Shimmer on the Greats.

drumline soundtrack-snare solo-shows one drummer earlier in the morning sun alone practicing for his big day.

we move back to Sol Invictus now reaching the farm lands of the midwest and the music takes more of a hard working struggle of the farmers out under the hot sun, but thankful for its power to deliver them strong and healthy crops in Maze.

The House of the Rising Sun/Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me-starts to bring us to sunset across America and leads us into Sol Invictus-The Pacifc which at the end turns to Rise Again as the sun promises in its beautiful splendor of red sunset to rise once again on America and out comes our drummer who has now reached his big show and concludes the performance.

Division II

Les Blanc Chevalier

The Music of the Trans Siberian Orchestra "A season with an edge"

Nutcracker Suite/Mad Russian Christmas

Carol of the Bells/O Come all Ye Faithful/O Christmas Tree

Wizards of Winter/Appalachian Snowfall/Siberian Sleigh Ride

Celtic Trance

Midnight Christmas Eve

Christmas Canon in D

Remember/Boughs of Holly/Joy to The World

Sunset Sound

Ray-The Music of Ray Charles

What'd I say-starts the show off with a beat of a percussion feature as the corps gets into their starting positions, then the brass picks up the tune as we see we will be going through some true Ray Charles music.

I Can't stop Loving You gives us a look at the more romantic and spiritual sound of much of Ray's music which rolls right into You Are My Sunshine and Here we Go Again and finish with You Don't Know Me.

Georgia On My Mind, America The Beautiful and Amazing Grace-show the american tribute of Ray.

Twist it, Shake it --Night Time is The Right Time-as the color guard features a lot fo dance moves.

You'll Never Walk Alone-keeps the the emtional high of the song and adds a very jazzy beat and style to it as well.

The show has a sort of fake ending at this point--as the corps starts to leave the field, they begin to play Baby, Its Cold Outside-a duet Ray did with Nina Simone. The corps continues to head to the exit of the field leaving two soloist and two solo dancers as the corps heads up the tunnel out of the stadium.

Division III

Cape Cod Regiment

The Color Purple-A new Musical

including from the movie Speak Lord/God is Trying to Tell you Something

we hope you all enjoy our various musical journeys from a variety of different genres!