Morris County's newest choice in Drum Corps

Same station... different name!

It was WMHQ, which were the call letters after Bruce "Cousin Brucie" Morrow sold the station to a utility company in NY State. The new station got off to a fast start.....all sorts of promises were made.... then the owners started cutting staff (a common "ailment" in local radio during that era!) .... and things gradually went downhill from there. I ended up bailing out and heading to an FM station in Long Branch at the Jersey Shore.

Last time I was up in the Morris County area, there was no longer a local station on that 1510 AM frequency. It's as if we never existed.....LOL

OK....back to the thread topic. Best of luck to Fusion Core!

Fran

Lol this just means that I'm going to be fooling with my radio on the way to rehersal now... lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would like to announce the birth of Fusion Core All Age Drum and Bugle Corps. New Jersey’s newest choice in All Age Drum Corps. Come join us at our open house on January 6th from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, location TBA as our “Journey Begins”. Staff and show announcements will be made in the coming days. For more information, please visit us at Fusion Core website or contact Holly Marino, Director, at fusioncoredirect@gmail.com

For so many of us, drum corps is our passion. Yet in today’s busy world, we also need to balance our passion with our every day lives. How do we do that? Well, Fusion Core wants to do it for you. We have put together a program that will enable you to enjoy drum corps, be competitive and yet spend time with your family. We truly believe in the old adage “practice smarter, not harder”. “By committing yourself to getting the job done and giving it your all, you can have the best of both worlds” said Executive Director Ralph Marino.

Come be a part of something new and exciting in 2007!

Great news, guys! Donna, Ben and I will definitely be around to help out! Best of luck!

Fusion Core is being brought to you by a group of people who all share a passion for drum corps, friends, family and fun.

We have all marched, taught or directed drum corps at one time or other and have learned a lot along the way. We all value our relationships with every organization we've been involved with and are grateful for the experiences we've shared with many of those people.

We hope you all stop in our open house and check it out for yourself. It's always exciting to be part of something right from the inception, and now is your chance.

Holly, you've got a great concept here. And you and Ralph are just GREAT people!

... and great players - nice job at our mini-corps debut!

I'll be organizing a van load of players from the Albany area, to attend your Open House.

Anyone who wants a ride, get in touch with me before the seats are filled!

Thanks Tom SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! YOur the best, you and all the guys.

Ralph and I are REALLY enjoying playing with guys!! We're learning a lot since you guys play EVERYTHING and play it good!!!!

I'll see you next Friday for the game and thanks again.