Brass & Percussion I&E Championships

did Seamus say 'inedible' mark???? 'Foreplay' with the contestants???? Too young to attend?????? Your nose just grew 3" James.

and Monsoor 'Iron Lips' you win the spelling bee..........

Jimbalaya

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did Seamus say 'inedible' mark???? 'Foreplay' with the contestants???? Too young to attend?????? Your nose just grew 3" James.

and Monsoor 'Iron Lips' you win the spelling bee..........

Jimbalaya

Jimbo,

Inedible? FUNNY!! :blush::doh::doh:

I was zinging Andy about the individuals because he and I were sometimes competitors there. Actually, we were really there to meet the chicks, and also to compete!! :)

Slante,

Jim

LOLOLOL...........and a shla nughet to you my friend........I woulda loved to have been there

Jim

Jimbo,

Inedible? FUNNY!! :worthy::worthy::wub:

I was zinging Andy about the individuals because he and I were sometimes competitors there. Actually, we were really there to meet the chicks, and also to compete!! :)

Slante,

Jim

Jimbo,

Inedible? FUNNY!! :huh::huh::huh:

Slante,

Jim

Meet the chicks and compete ... gotta luv it ... although the Bpt. PAL usually brought their own contingent of chicks (aka T-Birds) to the party ... two requests we usually had when we were signing up at the registration table: 1) put us on last; 2) where's the closest bar ... the rhetoric was always the same: "You ARE a Jr. corps aren't you?" ... those were precious days - eh Jim?

Andy "dreamin' about I&E's of yesteryear" Lisko

Meet the chicks and compete ... gotta luv it ... although the Bpt. PAL usually brought their own contingent of chicks (aka T-Birds) to the party ... two requests we usually had when we were signing up at the registration table: 1) put us on last; 2) where's the closest bar ... the rhetoric was always the same: "You ARE a Jr. corps aren't you?" ... those were precious days - eh Jim?

You guys never had any problems with that in NY back in the day. Legal drinking age was 18 then! I know you were well taken care of at Cichon Post, site of the 'all night I&E'!

Ray

You guys never had any problems with that in NY back in the day. Legal drinking age was 18 then! I know you were well taken care of at Cichon Post, site of the 'all night I&E'!

Ray

Ahhhh yes ... that famous Staten Island post on Innis (sp) St. ... how well I remember those shows ... the "creme de la creme" of I&E talent appeared on that stage ... and it was 66 or 67 when Bpt PAL and the Hurcs swept all the drum captions with Danny Raymond Sr. judging ... that was the night when PALer BIG John Harris was offering up pizza and beer to the judges ... ya just had to be there ... those shows just had another dimension in terms of drum corps fraternity ... Gaff, Pepe, Swan, Martin, Manny, Simpson, Charlie Aikens, St. Kevin's, BS, Jimmy O'Hara, Joe Gannon, Bodnar, Donnelly, Ron Findley, Greg Black, OLPH, the busload from Blue Rock,OCEANSIDE LEGIONNAIRES (w/Jack Murray), Beth Page Colonials, and just a slew of other contestants ... YIKES ... the show ran until 2:00 am or later sometimes!!!!

Andy "rememberin' the Cichon Post before the Varrazano Bridge" Lisko

Ahhhh yes ... that famous Staten Island post on Innis (sp) St. ... how well I remember those shows ... the "creme de la creme" of I&E talent appeared on that stage ... and it was 66 or 67 when Bpt PAL and the Hurcs swept all the drum captions with Danny Raymond Sr. judging ... that was the night when PALer BIG John Harris was offering up pizza and beer to the judges ... ya just had to be there ... those shows just had another dimension in terms of drum corps fraternity ... Gaff, Pepe, Swan, Martin, Manny, Simpson, Charlie Aikens, St. Kevin's, BS, Jimmy O'Hara, Joe Gannon, Bodnar, Donnelly, Ron Findley, Greg Black, OLPH, the busload from Blue Rock,OCEANSIDE LEGIONNAIRES (w/Jack Murray), Beth Page Colonials, and just a slew of other contestants ... YIKES ... the show ran until 2:00 am or later sometimes!!!!

Andy "rememberin' the Cichon Post before the Verrazano Bridge" Lisko

And don't forget the brass quartets from Kevin's, Braintree, Kilties, et al. It was quite an event every year. 2AM would have been early! We had a couple shows finish up (last contestants!) at 6 AM Sunday morning. Thank God we had very understanding neighbors.

Ray

ah but being in a senior corps I didn't have to worry..........I hid a lot :huh:

We'll have to share a couple before Wildwood....... :huh:

Jimbalaya