Catholic Drum Corps

I am seeking information on any Catholic drum corps. I know such corps were popular back in the day and I would like to find out about their histories and origins. Any information would be great!

The Catholic Daughters of America (All Girls) were from Butler Pennsylvania and started in 1936. Their origin came out of the CDofA Local Court. They were the first Corps to win the US Open Class A and All Girl Title in 1968. I remember the city of Butler welcoming them back from Marion, Ohio. The CDof A also was the first local corps to travel to the midwest and compete for multiple days. They also sponsored "The Festival of Champions" at the Butler Stadium and had numerous nationally competitive corps in their contest. Later they were also a partner in the American International Open. They won numerous Pennsylvania VFW and American Legion Titles. Their winter guard was very competitive in the West Penn Circuit. Unfortunately, they folder after the 1978 season. It was always interesting at family gatherings when the CDofA and the Vagabonds competed with each other. My cousins and I enjoyed sharing stories. Bruno

I am seeking information on any Catholic drum corps. I know such corps were popular back in the day and I would like to find out about their histories and origins. Any information would be great!

A fe that come to mind

Boston Crusaders (Most Precious Blood Crusaders)

Cadets (Holy Name Cadets)

Bridgemen (St. Andrews Bridgemen)

There are hundreds more with tribute sites, if you know who they are just search for them but these are still around check their website for their specific history.

Alumni corps too...

St. Kevins Emerald Knights

Mighty St. Joes

St. Ritas Brassmen

Dave

The Belle's of St. Mary's, an all-girl drum and bugle corps. They were from Gloucester Catholic High School, Gloucester City, NJ.

Edited by jjchar72

The Belle's of St. Mary's, an all-girl drum and bugle corps. They were from Gloucester Catholic High School, Gloucester City, NJ.

It seemed like almost every church in NJ had a drum corps. Even some of the smaller ones.I just recently found out my family's church had one. St Brendans back in the 50 and 60's.There was Blessed Sac ,St. Vincents,St. Lucy's , Holy Name,St Andrews,and so on.The list is to long to remember. It's a shame the all of these corps are gone .