Glen Falls NY. show?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake George only 15 minutes away and during that time of the year, the thoroughbred track at Saratoga is full blown. Not a bad vacation weekend. Sounds interesting.
For you or anyone who may be interested, CLICK HERE for Lake George for tourism Information.

Try Lake George, you'll like it! Miss it and you'll be :ph34r: 'ing yourself!

DISCLAIMER: This poster has no connection with, or financial interest in Lake George Toruism!

I noticed on a few Alumni websites that on August 4th there is a show in Glen Falls, NY. Cabs Alumni, Toronto Optimists, Crusaders Sr. and Light Brigade have it as tentative. Anybody have info?

The St. Kevin Emerald Knights have also been contacted. Show plans should be finalized soon.

Yes, Donny, the track will be up and running, as Tom stated, the Saratoga horse racing track opens for its season on July 25th, so for the Alumni show scheduled on August 4th, it will be in full swing. For anyone who never gone to the Saratoga track, (even if you do not gamble!), you should definitely make a point of going. The spectical of the track is quite something to behold. Often times, music from the likes of "Brass-O-Mania" can be heard greeting the patrons of the track as they walk the grounds. Lake George, the Adirondack mountains, The Great Escape Six Flags theme park and water parks is also just a short drive from Glens Falls. This could be the show of the year if planned right. Make it a vacation or at least a long weekend for the family.

This show is a joint venture between Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps and the Glens Falls Lions Club.

(I assume that LucysSkylinersalumni was referring to Excelsior and not Excaliber?!?!??!!?) Excelsior will be helping the Lions Club to host this show, helping to run it, doing a bunch of the grunt work and maybe even playing for it too.

That is the low-down on the show..Tom is correct in that there should be a public, formal announcement within days to confirm the reality of this show.

Looking forward to it.

Any interest should be directed to Lydia Plante, Asst. Director of Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps.

518-326-4384 or Bluemuen49@yahoo.com

Edited by 27thAvantCadets

Donnie,

sorry to say that the thoroughbred track doesn't open until July 25th (Brass-O-Mania! has been doing opening day for 12 years now - so I'll be there, on Wednesday morning!).

But, still lots of great attractions in the area!

Hope everybody's coming!

CORRECTION!!!!

(thanks, Art!)

I had July 2nd on my mind when replying to Donnie.

The track won't be open, yet, when the DCI SHOW is in town, on 7/2.

But it WILL be open on August 4th, the day of the ALUMNI SHOW.

and, now that I look at my calendar, CAPITAL BRASS! IS SCHEDULED AT THE TRACK THAT VERY SAME DAY!

10:30-NOON, AND THEN THE NATIONAL ANTHEM TO OPEN UP THE RACING DAY!!!!

So, come to Saratoga early, catch CB! (as well as some more great entertainment) and some racing;

and then zip up the Northway (like... 15 minutes!) for the Alumni Show.

We'll all be likely to join you at the show that night!!!

Good luck in getting this all organized, Art!!!

Edited by brassomaniac

Joe,

watch out for :ph34r: ing yourself....as you might end up :o 'd or even :ph34r: . !

hehehe!

Thanks pal! I wasn't even talking about myself.

However, truth be told... I've been :ph34r: 'ing, :o and :ph34r: for years now; and no it didn't start by not having a V8.

..... the track will be up and running, as Tom stated, the Saratoga horse racing track opens for its season on July 25th, so for the Alumni show scheduled on August 4th, it will be in full swing. For anyone who never gone to the Saratoga track, (even if you do not gamble!), you should definitely make a point of going. The spectical of the track is quite something to behold. Often times, music from the likes of "Brass-O-Mania" can be heard greeting the patrons of the track as they walk the grounds. Lake George, the Adirondack mountains, The Great Escape Six Flags theme park and water parks is also just a short drive from Glens Falls. This could be the show of the year if planned right. Make it a vacation or at least a long weekend for the family.

This show is a joint venture between Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps and the Glens Falls Lions Club.

(I assume that LucysSkylinersalumni was referring to Excelsior and not Excaliber?!?!??!!?) Excelsior will be helping the Lions Club to host this show, helping to run it, doing a bunch of the grunt work and maybe even playing for it too.

That is the low-down on the show..Tom is correct in that there should be a public, formal announcement within days to confirm the reality of this show.

Looking forward to it.

Any interest should be directed to Lydia Plante, Asst. Director of Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps.

518-326-4384 or Bluemuen49@yahoo.com

Thank You 27thAvantCadets;

Yes that is what I meant. If you check the time I sent that. You will see that I should have gone to bed and posted in the morning. I was just so pleased to see that. (the news of the show.) It really should go over well with the locals. So if you get some out of the area people. It might be a very hot Ticket.

Yes there are many, many things to do in the area in the summer. Not just for Sking and Ice Hockey anymore. The track is a time machine. Welcome to Vitorian class. Sophisticated yet down to earth. Great Adventure Six Flags has everything you would expect at a Large amusment/water park. Lake George Outlets to the max for the shopper. Bring your fishing poles too. And, Vermont within just a few miles the other direction. Just add some Great Alumni style Drum Corps and what a week end! :ph34r:

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

Excelsior All- Age Drum and Bugle Corps form Albany, NY & Pittsfield, MA and the Ft. Edwards NY Lions Club are in the process of finalizing the details for the Alumni show in GlensFalls. It would be great to have this an annual event in the GlensFalls/Albany area - we'll see how this year goes.

And it is a Drum Corps area. The Field show they have about sells out Every year. (in the THOUSANDS)

The Local paper publish's the practice spots. (Other wise they would be driven crazy with phone calls. You could see over a hundred people at a practice.

Many many moons ago they had a few Corps in that area and the people remember and show up!

Wish they had one while I was living there.

By the way. I hope they contacted the NY Skyliners Alumni. They have a whole crew that live in the up state. Even have their own web site ( Up State Skyliners). They would have to talk the other 3/4ths into coming up.

Then maybe add Les Diplomats of Quebec City. (no one in the States has seen the New Alumni Corps they have yet.)

How about Excaliber, are they ready to give an Exhibition! I know they are not an alumni. But Many Alumni shows allow non Alumni Corps to come to their shows.

Whether the show is at East Field or the Civic Center. Could be quite a crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkyAlumni and Les Diplomats have been contacted.

Haven't heard back from Les Diplomats;

Sky Alumni said they have something else booked for that date.