Sky Ryders Alumni Reunion

We are having a reunion. Our hard corps membership are unrelenting. The reunion will happen regardless of a large participation or small. Just like in the late '70s and early '80s when I was around; we won't relent. We are here to stay regardless of thoughts of others. Some would like us to "just go away"> Ain't goin' to happen.

Sky Ryders stay proud; we will be back.

• 4 weeks later...

Sky Ryder Alumni plan reunion

Sky Ryder alumni plan a major reunion to coincide with the Starlite Drum-O-Rama to be held in the newley renovated Gowans Stadium July 26th. This contest was a mainstay of the midwest drum corps circuit for almost 30 years. Corps to appear include

Carolina Crown, The Bluecoats, Crossmen and the Troopers.

The Sky Ryders reunion will kick off with an after show party Thursday July 26th. There will be a family BBQ Saturday afternoon and a reunion party Saturday night. If you are interested please go to starlitedrumorama.org, skyryderalumni.org or contact Craig at ccoldren@satx.rr.com

• 3 months later...

I'm still planning on making the show this Thursday. :laugh:

Can't wait til 2008. : b**bs

Edited by Kansan

My in-laws are planning to be at the reunion. They were heavily involved with the corps and my late wife's sister (who will also be visiting) was a bus mom.

I sincerely hope that the reunion was a success. No matter what corps I marched, part of me will always be a Sky Ryder, so I salute all of my alums and wish the best for every one of you. Look me up if you're going to finals!

Clark

• 2 weeks later...

Made the show but had to get home after. The show was good. Wish we could have played Star Spangled Banner at the start of the show. Oh well, maybe in the future. :doh: