Cabs Alumni Wildwoods corps camp.

Hey guys - The Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Corps is just now in the process of finishing up a successful (and highly appreciated) camp weekend in the Wildwoods. As thanks, we here in town even arranged to jack up the temperature to the mid seventies for them. Boardwalk rides, and the famed Wildwoods nightlife, were on them.

The corps arrived late on Friday night and got to practice music and sectionals inside the Wildwoods Convention Center. :) On Saturday and Sunday, they had historic Maxwell Field all to themselves for drill. (A little bit of Cab Alumni trivia: It seems this wonderful corps has absolutely no luck with practice fields in the Wildwoods. A year or two ago, they got to practice on Fox Park after the circus elephants had left town, and this weekend, they had to practice on Maxwell field on a field full of about a gazillion goose droppings. It seems Maxwell Field is a MAJOR rest stop for migrating Canadian Geese. We will clean it up before the next contest, though. Sorry!).

Anyway, I am including about 17 or so photos of the weekend for those of you who could not be here. All I have to say about the corps is, "Wooowwww!!! Amazing what more than 70 horns can do with an echo in the Convention Center.

See how many of your favorite Cabbies you can recognize. Enjoy!

Thom Fontannaz B)

TheWildwoodsReporter.com

P.S. I may have to do a couple of posts to get all the photos in.

P4200001.jpg

P4200007.jpg

P4210012.jpg

P4210016.jpg

P4210017.jpg