Cabs Alumni Wildwoods Camp photos #3

Hey Thom,

Thanks for the photos! I wish you would have come over and identified yourself. I saw a gentleman taking pictures but I wasn't sure it was you. We would have posed the drum section especially for you. I'm the third snare from the left, in the red corps polo shirt.

Looking forward to meeting you in June at the "Beach Party" show.

Hey Thom,

Thanks for the photos! I wish you would have come over and identified yourself. I saw a gentleman taking pictures but I wasn't sure it was you. We would have posed the drum section especially for you. I'm the third snare from the left, in the red corps polo shirt.

Looking forward to meeting you in June at the "Beach Party" show.

Hey, guy. I'll be there. I even got to toot a borrowed soprano at music rehearsal on Friday night. This year's music is incredible. Can't wait to hear the full corps take the field on June 16th at the Convention Center, along with the competitive corps of course. (I picked up my own horn a little while before the camp for the first time since 1986 and sort of embarrassed myself. It's been soooooo long! If I keep "blowing air" through my horn on a regular basis, maybe I'll get my original chops back in time to join you guys on a more formal basis in the fall and next season. I can only hope).

As for my photography. Check out the other three posts, too. I got a great "trick" photo of Jimmy that makes it look like he's got a tree growing out of his head. Pretty lucky shot.

I would love to take some portrait, or posed, shots of the corps. Taking formal photography of drum corps has always been one of my ambitions. As I get around to developing my plans a little further, maybe I can work out something. My main questions have always been: What, exactly, is DCA's policy on photography of member corps - or at corps shows? Is it like DCI, where the photographer has to be sanctioned? Does DCA take a cut? Do they ban commercial photography?

Lots of questions that I need to follow up on. I've always asked what Moe Knox's deal was with Drum Corps but never got a straight answer. Was he hired by the various corps or associations to photograph the shows or was he strictly a drum corps freelancer?

Check out my photography website if you'd like. Along with a couple hundred photos of the Wildwoods, there are two galleries of photos from the last three corps shows in Wildwood. Lots of great shots of the Alumni.

Oh, well, see you again on June 16th. Until then, I'll show my face again when the competetive corps comes to Wildwood for their camp in a few weeks.

Thom B)

www.DigitalDazzlePhotography.ifp3.com