SCV needs help on Miss Amana for '07 tour

The Santa Clara Vanguard organization is seeking volunteers in many areas. Help on Miss Amana, the food truck, whether you "cook" or not, is very much needed. :)

Ask anyone who has ever volunteered (a day, week, month, any time is appreciated) and they will tell you it pretty much changed their life! Yes, it's often hard work, but when you see how hard the kids work to put their show on the field, and how appreciative they are, you'll likely get "bitten by the bug" and look forward to volunteering again. It's a great way to see other parts of the country you might not otherwise have a chance to see, and provide a fantastic service to 150+ people at the same time. The friendships you make will be life long!

From Maggie, Souvie Lady for Spokane Thunder:

“This year I'm doing "Souvies" for Spokane Thunder. They're a Div III Corps up here in the Northwest.

Last year I drove them on their first tour of the Midwest and to their very first showing at DCI Championships where they took 6th place. Not bad for their first time if you ask me. It was so cool to be a part of that historic event in this young Corps life. I was so proud of them. It totally reminded me of touring with SCV back in the early early years. Ben, you remember that, right?

Anyway, as one who has spent a few Summers working for Corps, Big AND Small, it has been nothing but the best experience I ever had (except marching myself of course), I encourage everyone here who has anytime AT ALL to volunteer with ANY Corps... GO DO IT! You won't regret it. “

The following represents our current need:

Date Place Volunteer Need

6/2/2007 Angels Camp, CA - 2 people

6/9/2007 Angels Camp and Fremont - 4 people

6/16/2007 Fremont to Walnut CA - 3 people (Fremont to Bakersfield)

6/23/2007 Walnut CA to Mankato MN - 4 people

6/30/2007 MN to PA - 4 people

7/7/2007 PA to GA - 4 people

7/14/2007 GA to San Antonio - 4 people

7/21/2007 San Antonio to Denver - 4 people

7/28/2007 Denver to Stanford CA - 3 people

Email me as soon as you can to start scheduling your ride with Miss Amana.

Thanks! Ruth

would if i could...... I miss Miss Amana and all her wonderful volunteers!