Crossmen

How many? I don't know.

The Crossmen seek accomplished, skilled mellophone players to audition for the San Antonio, Texas-based corps. The calling comes as the corps prepares to Move In for Spring Training at the state-of-the-art facility, The Virgil T. Blossom Athletic Center.

The corps gathers for four weeks of training beginning Saturday, May 26 in San Antonio as they continue work on their 2007 program, "Metamorphosis." This is the perfect opportunity for players who missed out on the fall and winter audition process, but still have the commitment, skill and desire to march in a Division I drum corps. Even more exciting, 2007 members will be the first generation of Crossmen hailing from the Lone Star State.

The corps has been learning and rehearsing music for "Metamorphosis" since January and drill instruction to the opener began during the early May camp. Selections of the show include Paul Hindemith’s "Symphonic Metamorphosis," and other pieces yet to be released by staff.

Announced in February by Crossmen Director Mark Chambers, "Metamorphosis" will link the rich nostalgia of this legendary East Coast drum corps with a promising future that is just starting to reveal itself in Texas.

The Crossmen will debut their musical repertoire during the Texas Drum Corps Preview on June 16 on the steps of the state capital in Austin, Texas. Then on June 23, Bones will break out their much anticipated field program at their first DCI competitive event in Toledo, Ohio.

Qualified players interested in audition information should contact Brass Caption Head Rick Villareal at rick@yea.org for details

I wonder how easy it would be to change the 83 on my ID to an 88 :ph34r:

God, you have no idea how old that makes me feel :doh: :P . Pretty soon kids born in my age-out year will be aging out themselves. Where has the time gone. OK...sorry for the hijack...go Crossmen.

I wonder how easy it would be to change the 83 on my ID to an 88 :laugh:

Probably easier than changing it from 68 to 88. :-)

I hope the state-of-the-art Virgil T. Blossom Athletic Center has an indoor field:

DALLAS, Texas (AP) -- Forecasters predicted more heavy thunderstorms in the Plains over the holiday weekend after two days of storms and flooding that left five people dead and one missing in central Texas.

Dozens of people were plucked from rising waters on Friday, and Gov. Rick Perry activated National Guard troops to be deployed in Waco, Austin and San Antonio for the weekend.

Seriously, though, I hope all our Crossmen friends are safe. You guys be careful out there.

God, you have no idea how old that makes me feel :laugh: :P . Pretty soon kids born in my age-out year will be aging out themselves. Where has the time gone. OK...sorry for the hijack...go Crossmen.

HAHAHAHA.... I was just thinking.... it would be just as easy for me to alter the 68 on mine to be 88 so I could march one more year. I don't think my body could handle today's drills.