Frank Vincent (Phil from The Sopranos)

I was reading through the actor bios for the Sopranos and came across this interesting tidbit on Frank Vincent who plays Phil Leotardo on the show:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actor, musician, comedian, writer, producer. Born in North Adams, Massachusetts of first generation Italian-Americans and raised in the Greenville section of Jersey City, New Jersey. Frank's father, an amateur actor introduced him to show business at an early age. Frank acted in school plays and studied music at St. Paul's grammar school. He played piano, trumpet and drums but soon his love for the drums took center stage. He spent his adolescence playing and traveling with various national championship drum and bugle corps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody know who he marched with and when? Being from Jersey City he could have been in St. Pat's, Our Lady of Grace, Blessed Sacrament or Mighty St. Joe's of Newark ...

This should be interesting ... I don't remember his name ever coming up when referring to "celebrity" DC people ...

Thanks,

Andy "bye-bye Bobby Bacala" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

Ciao bella

Chooch

I was reading through the actor bios for the Sopranos and came across this interesting tidbit on Frank Vincent who plays Phil Leotardo on the show:

Actor, musician, comedian, writer, producer. Born in North Adams, Massachusetts of first generation Italian-Americans and raised in the Greenville section of Jersey City, New Jersey. Frank's father, an amateur actor introduced him to show business at an early age. Frank acted in school plays and studied music at St. Paul's grammar school. He played piano, trumpet and drums but soon his love for the drums took center stage. He spent his adolescence playing and traveling with various national championship drum and bugle corps.

Anybody know who he marched with and when? Being from Jersey City he could have been in St. Pat's, Our Lady of Grace, Blessed Sacrament or Mighty St. Joe's of Newark ...

This should be interesting ... I don't remember his name ever coming up when referring to "celebrity" DC people ...

Thanks,

Thanks,

Well ... I got the reply already from the guy who I thought would know best ... Harry Hazelwood ... he also gave insight to another celebrity DC person ... cool beans!

Here's Harry's reply:

Andy, I knew Frank Vincent, because I played in two corps with him. His real name is Frank Gatuso (stage name Frank Vincent). We both started out in the Jersey City Department of Recreation corps in the late forties. Frank was a tenor drummer. We both migrated to St. Joe's in Newark, the original "MIGHTY ST. JOE'S".

Frank went on to play drums in a local rock band called the "Aristocats", and Joe Pesce was also in the band. Pesce went into acting, and years later, got Frank a few bit parts in some of his movies. Frank made a name for himself, and went on to act in many movies, including one that I just watched on TV, "Goodfellas".

I contacted Frank a year or two ago via his website, and he wrote back to me that he is still in contact with some of the old drumcorps guys, including John Salvato, which is another story.

John was in St. Joe's with us, and lived across the street from me in Jersey City. John went on to sing with the original "Duprees", as in "See the pyramids along the Nile".

As I always have said, a lot of talent came out of the original "MIGHTY ST. JOE'S"..................................lol

Go figure........Harsh Harry knows all and sees all.......can't we get him active here?

Great stuff...........St. Joe's........whooooda thunk it.

Thanks

Well ... I got the reply already from the guy who I thought would know best ... Harry Hazelwood ... he also gave insight to another celebrity DC person ... cool beans!

Here's Harry's reply:

Andy, I knew Frank Vincent, because I played in two corps with him. His real name is Frank Gatuso (stage name Frank Vincent). We both started out in the Jersey City Department of Recreation corps in the late forties. Frank was a tenor drummer. We both migrated to St. Joe's in Newark, the original "MIGHTY ST. JOE'S".

Frank went on to play drums in a local rock band called the "Aristocats", and Joe Pesce was also in the band. Pesce went into acting, and years later, got Frank a few bit parts in some of his movies. Frank made a name for himself, and went on to act in many movies, including one that I just watched on TV, "Goodfellas".

I contacted Frank a year or two ago via his website, and he wrote back to me that he is still in contact with some of the old drumcorps guys, including John Salvato, which is another story.

John was in St. Joe's with us, and lived across the street from me in Jersey City. John went on to sing with the original "Duprees", as in "See the pyramids along the Nile".

As I always have said, a lot of talent came out of the original "MIGHTY ST. JOE'S"..................................lol