Madison Scouts 2007

I'm just looking for a little chatter on the Scouts show. I saw it in Racine. And I know there's two sides to how to evaluate it: entertainment and scoring. I think the entertainment value is there. The ending has to go and I know they are fiddling with it. Honestly, I think it's scoring where it should be. But as an alum, scores and placement aren't where it's at....where it's at is how hyped the crowd gets. The corwd in Racine seemed pretty hyped. And I know the members are staying upbeat -in talking with some corps members after the show, morale is great. They know they have a lot of work to do and are eager to get at it.

Overall, it is clearly a show that will take the season to perfect. Endurance is lacking right now. I LOVE how they take the field...maybe they should start the judged portion of the show right away. There is some cool stuff happening as they take the field and the crowd was into it...yet it's "only" the warm-up. And that warm-up has got to zap a chunk of energy because they are moving fast and playing.

Musically, it's a solid show to listen to. Overall, I think it's a very Madison show performed by a LOT of really young talented men. I hope everyone realizes that the majority of that corps is rookies. Overall, they are doing Madison proud.

BTW, I like the uniforms. They look contemporary yet still being very Madison.

Any other thoughts on the show?