Mia Michaels joins Spinfest!

Acclaimed choreographer Mia Michaels joins an exceptional list of clinicians scheduled to participate at the 2007 edition of Spinfest!! This landmark educational event will take place September 14-15 in Orlando, Florida, at the Buena Vista Palace Resort and Spa.

Ms. Michaels will be leading a basic movement class and interact with a live demonstration of color guard ensembles followed by questions and answers. To get more information on Mia Michaels, please visit her website.

“Mia Michaels was a natural choice to bring into our learning community and inspire those coming to Orlando to reach for new heights within their own programs,” said Ron Nankervis, WGI Chief Executive Officer. “We are all very excited that attendees will hear from such a creative and gifted choreographer, as well as share our activity with someone in the arts community as prominent as Ms. Michaels.”

Mia Michaels and her inspirational and dynamic choreography can be seen weekly on Fox’s hit TV series “So You Think You Can Dance”. This year marks Mia’s third season on the show as both a judge and choreographer.

Mia’s choreographic genius and passionate dance moves currently grace the stage of Cirque Du Soleil’s live music concert tour, “Delirium”; and also in the long running Las Vegas theatrical production of “Celine Dion…A New Day”, at Caesars Palace. The opening night of Celine’s show was televised (CBS) and earned Mia Michaels an Emmy nomination for “Celine in Las Vegas: Opening Night Live”. Mia has also had the pleasure of working with such stars as Madonna, Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, and Prince, and on commercials for Coldwell Banker, Ziploc, WNBA, Star TV and VISA.

Mia recently choreographed Paper Mill Playhouse’s production of “Hello, Dolly!” starring Tovah Feldshuh and continues to direct music extravaganzas for Greek superstar Anna Vissi throughoutEurope. Mia’s body of work has been profiled in the Smithsonian book, “Master of Movement: Portraits of America’s Great Choreographers”, and she is the founder, artistic director and choreographer for RAW, the acclaimed New York-based dance company and has been commissioned to create works for Les Ballet Jazz de Montreal, Jazz Dance Chicago and Oslo Dance Ensemble. Mia is also the Artistic Director of The Pulse dance conventions, and has held faculty positions with such prestigious dance institutions as Alvin Ailey and the Joffrey Ballet, and continues to teach master classes around the world.

To get more information on Spinfest!!, click here.

• 1 month later...

hey anybody going to spinfest want to share a hotel room. I had a group of people going and they all backed out on me today :( So now I have no room to stay. If you could help I would appriciate it :)

Justin

hey anybody going to spinfest want to share a hotel room. I had a group of people going and they all backed out on me today :( So now I have no room to stay. If you could help I would appriciate it :)

Justin

Wish I could afford it! Living in TX this time around really increases the cost of getting there and home!