1 reply to this topic

#1 Guizeppe

Guizeppe

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

So I was cruising around Spotify - the greatest thing Al Gore's internet ever gave us - and I came across this group out of Nashville: The Loudhorns. I listened to their album and heard quite a few horn arrangements suitable for drum corps (listen to the first 25 seconds of their version of Bohemian Rhapsody).

I can't be the only one to discover them, so does anybody out there in corps world know anything about them? Any corps history among their members? Just something to talk about.

Link: The Loudhorns Myspace

Edited by Guizeppe, 20 September 2012 - 01:03 AM.

Nick Markley
Drum Corps Über-fan

Drum Corps = Why God gave us ears

#2 Toby

Toby

DCP Fanatic

• Forum Support Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,223 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

So I was cruising around Spotify - the greatest thing Al Gore's internet ever gave us - and I came across this group out of Nashville: The Loudhorns. I listened to their album and heard quite a few horn arrangements suitable for drum corps (listen to the first 25 seconds of their version of Bohemian Rhapsody).

I can't be the only one to discover them, so does anybody out there in corps world know anything about them? Any corps history among their members? Just something to talk about.

Link: The Loudhorns Myspace

Joe Murphy was a brass staffer for Spirit in the mid-2000's as well as brass writer for Memphis Sound, and Music City Legend. Vinnie Ciecielski soloist for MCL as well as member of a former FL DCA corps.

Edited by Toby, 20 September 2012 - 04:27 PM.

Toby
FSTM
Music City Legend '08-'09
B.A. Music Education - Cumberland University '11
Great Lakers - DCPI 4 Time Finalist
Port Washington Lights - DCPI 5 Time Finalist

Posted Image
Geno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.