The Black Dyke Band

Ghost

I try to listen to the weekly recording from this site, http://85.17.117.191/~worldofbra/wobradio/index2.php?episode_id=220711&episode_title=World of Brass radio: 22-07-11&file=wobradio_22-07-11 but miss some. Tonight I played the 22-07-11 recording. Always great stuff. The last piece of music blew my mind. I knew The Black Dyke Band is good, but yikes! So, if you can't listen to the whole recording of 63+ (other bands are included) minutes while you're on your computer and if you're the type who needs a visual, you're in luck.

Enjoy.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

A fantastic band, and that sound is so classic; it wouldn't be the same if you changed out the alto horns for French horns, or the Bb and Eb tubas for C and F. I am not a G bugle hardliner, but among other thigns it's the British brass band tradition and the long and staid history of amazing musicianship with little change to the actual equipment that convinces me, drum corps belongs as an acoustic brass and percussion ensemble. There is so much that can be done and expressed in that idiom that you can't simulate any other way.