Hot Chops

So this Hot Chops Award thing, I think it is a cool thing for this company to get their name and brand out there especially in the Drum Corps. world, however, not to take anything away from Crown who has won each award so far, but how you get to vote is kind of weird. In this day and age of drum corps. where just about every member in each corps has a cell phone, (not like back in my day when if you were lucky you got to stand in line for hours at a pay phone) but isn't it possible for the members of a corps to text as many votes as they can, once they are done with their warm up and show and all that of course.

Again not to take anything away from Crown, not that they would have members of staff that would do that, and they do seem to be a crowd favorite this year.

This could be a way for a different corps to win a chop award, (are there even any left??)

Just my 2cents!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this Hot Chops Award thing, I think it is a cool thing for this company to get their name and brand out there especially in the Drum Corps. world, however, not to take anything away from Crown who has won each award so far, but how you get to vote is kind of weird. In this day and age of drum corps. where just about every member in each corps has a cell phone, (not like back in my day when if you were lucky you got to stand in line for hours at a pay phone) but isn't it possible for the members of a corps to text as many votes as they can, once they are done with their warm up and show and all that of course.

Again not to take anything away from Crown, not that they would have members of staff that would do that, and they do seem to be a crowd favorite this year.

This could be a way for a different corps to win a chop award, (are there even any left??)

Just my 2cents!!!

Coming from that angle the Cavies are at a serious disadvantage. Also I might add that the Crown organization doesn't have the alumni numbers the other corps around them have. If the members and people involved with each corps vote constantly until voting stops Crown, being the youngest corps near the top, doesn't seem as if they would be capable of taking advantage of the system.

Coming from that angle the Cavies are at a serious disadvantage. Also I might add that the Crown organization doesn't have the alumni numbers the other corps around them have. If the members and people involved with each corps vote constantly until voting stops Crown, being the youngest corps near the top, doesn't seem as if they would be capable of taking advantage of the system.

agreed that Cavies would be at a disadvantage, and I am only putting out a possiblity, not that this is really happening. Also I am not really talking about Alumni of corps. It alumni were to be the driving factor I would agree that older corps. would have the advantage.

Just an observation, you know with the likes of American Idol and how the viewer votes can go sometime,,, crazy stuff!!!

agreed that Cavies would be at a disadvantage, and I am only putting out a possiblity, not that this is really happening. Also I am not really talking about Alumni of corps. It alumni were to be the driving factor I would agree that older corps. would have the advantage.

Just an observation, you know with the likes of American Idol and how the viewer votes can go sometime,,, crazy stuff!!!

Agreed

My brain must've gone dead, because I hadn't even thought about the corps members being able to vote! (Guess it's because like thousands, I used to be standing on the field for retreat following the last corps' performance!)

I was truly thinking fans voting only.

:rock:

i really doubt the kids are running back to the bus and voting on their cells a mile a minute.

you realize how ridiculous that sounds? i doubt they are that desperate to be crowned hot chops champs. its not like they get a ring for it. they get a tube of chapstick. a piece of crap they could get for 29 cents at the cornerstore.

they swept it. all 5...get over it.

IF ONLY that stuff was that cheap! I think it goes for over $5 a tube!!

Edited by 27/soa

exactly. who gets on their cell phone right after a show. i would run IMMEDIATELY to the food truck, and then go meet up with friends from other corps.

most people dont get on their cells until the buses have pulled out and on the road to the next site.