Atlanta DCI show

So this is what next Saturday's DCI Southeastern Championship is going to look like according to my calculations.

The night previous will be the Masters of the Summer Music Games in Murfreesboro, TN which will have Blue Devils, The Cadets, The Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Carolina Crown and Blue Knights. They get an automatic shot into Finals in Atlanta the next night.

Back to Atlanta...

The Gates will open at 11am show starts at 12pm.

First corps to final corps of prelims will be:

Pioneer

Troopers

Cascades

Southwind

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Spirit from JSU

Blue Stars

Glassmen

Colts

Boston Crusaders

The top 4 from that prelims will then be moved to finals later that night (time is not shown on dci.org)

Finals will look like:

4th from prelims

3rd from prelims

2nd from prelims

1st from prelims

8th from Murfreesboro

7th from Murfreesboro

6th from Murfreesboro

5th from Murfreesboro

4th from Murfreesboro

3rd from Murfreesboro

2nd from Murfreesboro

1st from Murfreesboro

This is not from dci.org this is from a fan. From what dci.org says and from what they did last year. This is what it's probably going to look like. See you in Hotlanta!

And here is the schedule and judging slate (per the PR Web site). According to this, Murfreesboro is not factored in the Atlanta Schedule - only Allentown and Atlanta afternoon show.

6:50 P.M. Welcome and Anthems

7:00 P.M. 1

7:17 P.M. 2

7:34 P.M. 3

7:51 P.M. 4

8:08 P.M. 5

8:25 P.M. 6

8:42 P.M. Intermission (17 min.)

8:59 P.M. 7

9:16 P.M. 8

9:33 P.M. 9

9:50 P.M. 10

10:07 P.M. 11

10:24 P.M. 12

10:44 P.M. Awards Ceremony

Chief Judge - John Phillips

Brass Performance - Andrew Poor

Color Guard - Michael Gray

Ensemble Music - Ken Turner

Ensemble Visual - Tim Ochran

Music Effect - Dallas Niermeyer

Percussion Performance - Jeff Prosperie

Percussion Performance 2 - David Carbone

Visual Effect - Marie Czapinski

Visual Performance - Bret Mascaro

Contest Director - Tony DiCarlo

Critique: No

Show Lineup: Determined by the results of the DCI Eastern Classic in Allentwon and afternoon show

So this is what next Saturday's DCI Southeastern Championship is going to look like according to my calculations.

The night previous will be the Masters of the Summer Music Games in Murfreesboro, TN which will have Blue Devils, The Cadets, The Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Carolina Crown and Blue Knights. They get an automatic shot into Finals in Atlanta the next night.

Back to Atlanta...

The Gates will open at 11am show starts at 12pm.

First corps to final corps of prelims will be:

Pioneer

Troopers

Cascades

Southwind

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Spirit from JSU

Blue Stars

Glassmen

Colts

Boston Crusaders

The top 4 from that prelims will then be moved to finals later that night (time is not shown on dci.org)

Finals will look like:

4th from prelims

3rd from prelims

2nd from prelims

1st from prelims

8th from Murfreesboro

7th from Murfreesboro

6th from Murfreesboro

5th from Murfreesboro

4th from Murfreesboro

3rd from Murfreesboro

2nd from Murfreesboro

1st from Murfreesboro

This is not from dci.org this is from a fan. From what dci.org says and from what they did last year. This is what it's probably going to look like. See you in Hotlanta!

Am I crazy that I thought that all the corps performed in prelims and then the 12 went on to finals? I could have sworn that all of them did prelims?

Am I crazy that I thought that all the corps performed in prelims and then the 12 went on to finals? I could have sworn that all of them did prelims?

Nope - top 8 from Allentown (who are also the same 8 who do the Murfreesboro show on Friday night) get a pass on "prelims" (the Saturday afternoon show in Atlanta). Those who have to do the afternoon show don't have a show the night before.

the top 8 skip to finals is what they did last year. They did that because Indianapolis use to follow Murfreesboro (in the way) which was a farther drive than from Murfreesboro to Atlanta. I remember that from last year because Boston was the last to perform (9th place). Then I thought, HEY Corps I haven't seen this year!

Don't forget that the CorpsVets will be performing right after the Boston Crusaders at the end of prelims!!!

This is one fun show you're going to want to see!

I was holding that for a surprise James!!!