Very impressed with Bluecoats

Just saw my first show of the year at Michigan City and I was very impressed with the Coats. If I were blind,I'd have sworn that was the Blue Devils out there. Even with sight,they are looking like them. If I'm not mistaken,so far this season they've beaten most if not all the top contenders; Cavies,Cadets and Devils. That is real impressive. Now the top contenders are polishing and changing their shows and are putting a little bit of space between the Coats and themselves,but not by much. Coats need a couple things from my viewpoint; intensity and a killer instinct. These other mentioned corps know how to bring the best out of their players and what it takes to win Championships. The Coats are missing only this,IMO. At the City show,it was very obvious that the Cavies came out to win. Their intensity was definately there,while the Coats,while technically very good,just didn't have the fire to match the Cavies. But I'd say they were my fav Corps of the evening and I haven't said that about them well since I'd say the very well done 95' show. I'd really like to see them in that prestigeous top 3. Good to see the improvement,Bluecoats, and here's to a very good season. I really enjoy it!

[

Ur talking about "Criminal" right? I saw that in allentown this last week and i totally agree with u. The routine was wonderful and the new uniforms rocked, but ur right.... they lacked the energy that would have made the program REALLY work. U could see that the color gaurd was more excited then the Coats. That should never be. lol

I completely agree. The Bluecoats are for real this year. They have a championship-caliber program as well as a championship-caliber staff to get them there.

Each of the past few seasons from the Bluecoats have increasingly impressed me. The Bluecoats have taken a fearless approach to their visual and musical programming, raising their level of performance each year. If they continue on their current pace, it won't be long before the Bluecoats are raising the bar of all drum corps performance.

Bloooooooooooooo...

It's very interesting to see the former Cavalier staff influence on the 'Coats. The show this year especially is designed very similarly to the Cavaliers' championship winning formula. Sounds like a smart way to do things if you ask me! Get 'em Bloooo!

I have been a fan of the Bluecoats since about my 1994 when I joined the HS marching band and each year they seem to get slightly better(although I did not care for last seasons show, loved 2005 - Caravan). It seems as though they took a great leap this season and are really coming on strong. It is so awesome to seem them scoring above corps in the brass section as most people consider the Blue Devils and Cavaliers to be the top notch brass sections. Good luck BLUUUUUUU!!!!

Let's bring home a CHAMPIONSHIP!

Not gonna lie, I saw em in Kalamazoo and I was pretty impressed too. *cringe and apologize to my former corps for approving of their competition*

The Bluecoats doing so well this year is a great thing for DCI. Just like when someone comes from nowhere to beat Tiger, Phil, or Vijay. It makes the activity more exciting when the same 4-5 aren't winning all the time.

GO COATS!

It's very interesting to see the former Cavalier staff influence on the 'Coats. The show this year especially is designed very similarly to the Cavaliers' championship winning formula. Sounds like a smart way to do things if you ask me! Get 'em Bloooo!

You'd be suprised how little the former Cavaliers in the staff really influence the show.

Now those Canadians....boy do they have crazy ideas!!! B)