America The Beautiful

Just wondering if anyone knows why DCI is utilizing a new arrangement of America The Beautiful? Personally, I don't feel it holds water to the 'traditional' arrangement that I've always heard played. btw...i'm 24 yo and only remember hearing America/O' Canada

Any thoughts on this?

It's way better than last years Champions Fanfare.

But then anything would be.

I just wish all of the corps would take the playing of it seriously. The perormance of America at

the Dublin, Ohio show was very, very poor. Many intonation problems, timing problems, and a few

lead trumpets that were more concerned with demonstrating their range than their quality of sound.

A similar performance during the show would have warranted "box two" scores.

If the corps aren't going to take it seriously, I'd rather they just not play it at all.

Definitely better then Champions Fanfare, but not as good as AOC.

Just wondering if anyone knows why DCI is utilizing a new arrangement of America The Beautiful? Personally, I don't feel it holds water to the 'traditional' arrangement that I've always heard played. btw...i'm 24 yo and only remember hearing America/O' Canada

Any thoughts on this?

You make a good point. Heard the current version at the Lawrence show. The corps were fine, but the arrangement was a fractured rendition of the origional played at dci shows. It was pretty much a ho hum reaction from the large crowd. Must we keep screwing with anything that is /was popular?