Boston closing in on SCV ?

Red Alert, Red Alert,

The spread between Boston ,vs.BK Acad. and the Colts is getting bigger.

Yellow Alert, Yellow Alert, caution caution caution:

The spread from BK to Boston and Crown was about he same a year ago as it is between BK and BAC this year and I don't need to say what happened then!!! :P

W P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly feel that the positioning of the afternoon corps where they played in the evening led to a much lower than desrved score for BK and a higher score than deserved from Boston. BK's quality was much higher than the corps right before them, so the judges probably had to be careful and give scores that did not break the bank before so many great corps went. After SCV establshed a big score, then the new bench mark was set and thus it gave room for BAC to recieve a much higher score. I still think Boston is still letting down in the middle of their phrases which they did a year ago. I do not think BAC or BK will catch SCV, they are just another notch higher in quality. I do think when Boston and BK get back together and they face off in their normal performance spots the split between them will be much less.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I don't know about BK and where they will end up but I do not agree with the Boston SCV analysis.

You are saying that it is an advantage to follow a stronger Corps, oh right.

Using that logic, how do you explain BK loosing to Boston in Atlanta after Boston was on in the afternoon and BK followed Crown?

Edited by KevinRomano

Yellow Alert, Yellow Alert, caution caution caution:

The spread from BK to Boston and Crown was about he same a year ago as it is between BK and BAC this year and I don't need to say what happened then!!! :P

W P

and we all know the audience reaction.

Sorry, (Bac-defenders, red alert, red alert, prepare to engage) But Boston is about ready to max out and dont have the depth , diversity, or difficulty in their show to overtake SCV. Vanguard has a much meatier show to clean and are not even close to performing it to the level accustomed to.

~G~

I'm going to sound like a ~G~ puppet on this issue, but I couldn't agree more. I look forward to seeing BAC in Pasadena and will keep an open mind, but the show is miles away from the level of complexity and potential in the SCV show. I simply can't imagine that the spread in San Antonio isn't an anomaly. I expect SCV to jump back out to a 3+ point lead over BAC. I wish I was there, but I am still trying to come to terms with the spread between BK and BAC, which to me is also highly surprising.

Red Alert, Red Alert,

The spread between Boston ,vs.BK Acad. and the Colts is getting bigger.

With all due respect to that poster, Boston's scores are as close to The Cadets than The Colts are to Boston. I don't see Boston catching The Cadets, and I don't see the Colts catching Boston ( nor The Academy ) either. But he's entitled to his predictions. Time will tell if he's right or not. No big deal.

Edited by X DM

I'm going to sound like a ~G~ puppet on this issue, but I couldn't agree more. I look forward to seeing BAC in Pasadena and will keep an open mind, but the show is miles away from the level of complexity and potential in the SCV show. I simply can't imagine that the spread in San Antonio isn't an anomaly. I expect SCV to jump back out to a 3+ point lead over BAC. I wish I was there, but I am still trying to come to terms with the spread between BK and BAC, which to me is also highly surprising.

I'm not sure Boston catches SCV and not predicting it either.. ( but it's certainly not out of the question anymore if we look at the scoring trending ) But as you can see from above, Boston has closed the gap in each and every head to head competition to SCV. Which was once a rather large 6 + point lead has narrowed in less than 2 weeks time to under a 2 point spread. It's nice to see competition for that 7th spot no matter who garners it.

Edited by X DM

I don't know about BK and where they will end up but I do not agree with the Boston SCV analysis.

You are saying that it is an advantage to follow a stronger Corps, oh right.

Using that logic, how do you explain BK loosing to Boston in Atlanta after Boston was on in the afternoon and BK followed Crown?

Ok, I understand what you are saying. One, BK had a fairly poor show in Atlanta as I have been told, and two, when you judge you have to find a measuring stick so to speak. We do it all the time when we judge any compitition, you find the one group that is the standard to go off of. That group tends to have a very vanilla/generic score to compare others to. In other words, after Colts, G-Men and Academy went on BK was a big step up in all aspects. The score should've reflected that but did not. To me that means that they became the new standard to go by. When SCV went it opened up the scoring a little bit after a conservative start. So as Boston went they got a score that was more normal to the range they have been scoring at. Do you really believe that BK got -2.6 worse last night from the afternoon or similiar score from the day before?? Please don't say it was a bad performance, I was in the audience and many of us there did not understand. You miss interpreted my logic which is to say, that after SCV went the scoring opened up, thus giving Boston (who will not catch SCV) a chance to score in the range where BK and BAC have both been scoring. Agree to disagree maybe, but I'm sticking to it. :)

Wes P

and we all know the audience reaction.

I do, my wife and I were jumping up and down in jubulation!!!! :P

Wes P

i love how all of you are so sure of yourselves about boston falling behind. 'oh boston did this and this last year and look where they placed', or, 'boston doesnt have the meat in their show, wait till scv cleans up.' what if scv doesn't clean up? and after all, hasn't boston been consistently catching up with vanguard in more than one performance caption? don't count BAC out of it.

it seems that scv has become stagnant. Earlier they were beating dev's and since then, nothing. I account alot of this to the age of Vanguard this year. I watched them rehearse in allentown and saw the show. Alot of young faces. Hopefully the staff can start putting a foot in the right places and getting more out of them. They've been through this before back in 97 I think had a ton of young kids. Nut for all the reasons and excuses bottom line...They need to represent.