Boston closing in on SCV ?

i love how all of you are so sure of yourselves about boston falling behind. 'oh boston did this and this last year and look where they placed', or, 'boston doesnt have the meat in their show, wait till scv cleans up.' what if scv doesn't clean up? and after all, hasn't boston been consistently catching up with vanguard in more than one performance caption? don't count BAC out of it.

Yes. When a Corps closes the gap to under 2 points, it generally does mean that the Corps has been catching up with the other Corps "in more than one performance caption ". In the case of Boston and SC Vanguard, it has been the Music Ensemble, Guard captions where Boston has topped SCV ( Boston's Guard is apparently terrific and topped even the Bluecoats in Guard in San Antonio incidentally) and percussion where it's a separation of just one tenth between Boston and SC Vanguard right now. But things can change quickly again too. But for fans that tell us they clammor for more unpredictable shocking surprises in placement and scoring instead of the same ol' same ol......well, now we have it.

Edited by X DM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love how all of you are so sure of yourselves about boston falling behind. 'oh boston did this and this last year and look where they placed', or, 'boston doesnt have the meat in their show, wait till scv cleans up.' what if scv doesn't clean up? and after all, hasn't boston been consistently catching up with vanguard in more than one performance caption? don't count BAC out of it.

Uh... the only thing I am sure of on this issue is my opinion. I recognize BAC has closed the gap and I applaud the members for apparently putting together a nice surge. However, IMO, SCV will respond and begin to distance themselves from BAC. Apparently, your opinion is that BAC stands a good chance of overtaking SCV... we disagree. Wait, I am sure of one other thing... if I am wrong it won't be the first time... in fact, I am good at being wrong. :)

I'm anxious to watch the competition unfold and even more anxious to see both corps in Pasadena.

Uh... the only thing I am sure of on this issue is my opinion. I recognize BAC has closed the gap and I applaud the members for apparently putting together a nice surge. However, IMO, SCV will respond and begin to distance themselves from BAC. Apparently, your opinion is that BAC stands a good chance of overtaking SCV... we disagree. Wait, I am sure of one other thing... if I am wrong it won't be the first time... in fact, I am good at being wrong. :)

I'm anxious to watch the competition unfold and even more anxious to see both corps in Pasadena.

No, I'm not saying Boston has " a good chance " of ovetaking SC Vangaurd. I'm saying ( as my initial post said above ) that the " unthinkable 3 weeks ago " is no longer true and that Boston overtaking SCV is ( my quote ) " no longer in the impossible realm " No more, no less. Before San Antonio we had 7 Corps then a pretty big gap in Corps scores and placements.. Now that gap has been closed.... by Boston. I wouldn't bet the farm that Boston is going to overtake SC Vanguard. But I might have bet the farm 3 weeks ago that Boston wouldn't beat SC Vanguard. Today, I'd have to give the nod as we sit here today to SC Vanguard,.... naturally. But I wouldn't rule out anything when a Corps is now within 1.75 points of another Corps and has diminished the gap from over 6 points and has done so in such a short period of time in head to head competition. If nothing else, it's getting pretty interesting between Boston and SCV right now, and it should be fun for drum corps fans watch unfold, would you agree, jcn8 ?

Edited by X DM

No, I'm not saying Boston has " a good chance " of ovetaking SC Vangaurd. I'm saying ( as my initial post said above ) that the " unthinkable 3 weeks ago " is no longer true and that Boston overtaking SCV is ( my quote ) " no longer in the impossible realm " No more, no less. Before San Antonio we had 7 Corps then a pretty big gap in Corps scores and placements.. Now that gap has been closed.... by Boston. I wouldn't bet the farm that Boston is going to overtake SC Vanguard. But I might have bet the farm 3 weeks ago that Boston wouldn't beat SC Vanguard. Today, I'd have to give the nod as we sit here today to SC Vanguard,.... naturally. But I wouldn't rule out anything when a Corps is now within 1.75 points of another Corps and has diminished the gap from over 6 points and has done so in such a short period of time in head to head competition. If nothing else, it's getting pretty interesting between Boston and SCV right now, and it should be fun for drum corps fans watch unfold, would you agree, jcn8 ?

I absolutely agree it is great fun to watch a close competition unfold. I'd also agree that the data clearly support your argument that BAC has done a respectable job closing the gap between it and SCV. I wasn't taking offense or even exception to anything you said. I was quoting BD_Fan because I got the sense from his/her post that he/she thought there was a good chance BAC would overtake SCV; I just can't see it unfolding that way. I love a great showdown as much as the next guy (and I like both of these corps), but I was simply attempting to express my opinion that I don't feel there will be a showdown between these two corps come August. It's only an opinion, but I believe it's fairly qualified because I've seen both shows a few times. I'll be the first to congratulate BAC if they pull off the upset and overtake SCV and I'd gladly admit I was wrong if it turns out that way.

I absolutely agree it is great fun to watch a close competition unfold. I'd also agree that the data clearly support your argument that BAC has done a respectable job closing the gap between it and SCV. I wasn't taking offense or even exception to anything you said. I was quoting BD_Fan because I got the sense from his/her post that he/she thought there was a good chance BAC would overtake SCV; I just can't see it unfolding that way. I love a great showdown as much as the next guy (and I like both of these corps), but I was simply attempting to express my opinion that I don't feel there will be a showdown between these two corps come August. It's only an opinion, but I believe it's fairly qualified because I've seen both shows a few times. I'll be the first to congratulate BAC if they pull off the upset and overtake SCV and I'd gladly admit I was wrong if it turns out that way.

And you expressed your opinion well! Cool !

Edited by X DM

Sorry, (Bac-defenders, red alert, red alert, prepare to engage) But Boston is about ready to max out and dont have the depth , diversity, or difficulty in their show to overtake SCV. Vanguard has a much meatier show to clean and are not even close to performing it to the level accustomed to.

I still feel Boston will be caught by seasons end by Blue Knights, Colts, maybe even Academy.

~G~

Are you aware that BAC had to drop the first half of their drill and also fired their drill designer? They have been behind all of the competition all summer and are just now starting to catch up, within 2 weeks they will have surpassed SCV! Do the math, BAC is improving in leaps and bounds more than any Corps in the last couple of weeks, no Corps that they have already beaten will beat them this year! Max out, their just getting started!

Are you aware that BAC had to drop the first half of their drill and also fired their drill designer? They have been behind all of the competition all summer and are just now starting to catch up, within 2 weeks they will have surpassed SCV! Do the math, BAC is improving in leaps and bounds more than any Corps in the last couple of weeks, no Corps that they have already beaten will beat them this year! Max out, their just getting started!

Who did the Crusaders hire to take over and the design drill ?