Special Deck of Cards

If you have the pictures, most local printing establishments would drool over such a job, IF you got the money.

The playing card denominations are fairly standard, however it would be cool to have noted drum corps personalities as the face cards. Then the backs of the cards would have the different corps pictures.

The online place and link mentioned earlier has pretty good prices and might be hard for a local place to compete with since it is kind of a niche item.

I would be willing to bet there is a program out there that would let you do it yourself on your computer. Take it to a copy center and have it laminated and then cut out.

However, I'd love to see the cards. I seem to remember someone having a deck on our corps bus in the sixties.

Maybe you could scan the image in question and put it in your DCP profile temporarily, until you get an answer or email it to someone that has an online photo share site and they can post the image here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,

I have seen this deck of card before, but without seing the photos again, I wouldnt be able to help you with which is which. Can you post some of the images? That could help get you the answers you are seeking.

Thanks...I might try that...though the images are a bit faded...I might do a few. Does anyone know the difference between the Muchacos and the Cambridge Cabs uniforms from back in the 60's?

a vest?

both photos have vests...one of the two Latin uniforms has a large, floppy sombrero...the other does not.

both photos have vests...one of the two Latin uniforms has a large, floppy sombrero...the other does not.

I see no pictures of Cambridge wearing vests. I think corps reps has the Horns A Plenty album cover as one of the pictures. And two others. They are sitting playing in a shell. They do have to be what looks like smaller hats than the Muchachos.

The NY Kingsmen had larger sombreros in the mid 60's. Both Muchachos and Cambridge wore hats similar to the Hawthorne Caballeros.

Edited by gsksun4

I see no pictures of Cambridge wearing vests. I think corps reps has the Horns A Plenty album cover as one of the pictures. And two others. They are sitting playing in a shell. They do have to be what looks like smaller hats than the Muchachos.

The NY Kingsmen had larger sombreros in the mid 60's. Both Muchachos and Cambridge wore hats similar to the Hawthorne Caballeros.

Pending on what year the pics were taken, and knowing they're Eastern Junior Corps, here's some other possibilities for the "floppy" Spanish hat: 1) New York Kingsmen (66-67-68), Trumbull Troubadors (65-??) ...

Andy

Pending on what year the pics were taken, and knowing they're Eastern Junior Corps, here's some other possibilities for the "floppy" Spanish hat: 1) New York Kingsmen (66-67-68), Trumbull Troubadors (65-??) ...

Andy

It seems the drum line in the back of that Horns A Plenty picture have red sashes that go across the chest but not the horn line.

Guess ya had to be there.

Possibly Matadors?

Hmmm ... the Matadors grew out of the Holy Rosary Caballeros - a Yankee Circuit corps of the 60's but, I don't think they were ever a Junior corps (the card suit he's looking at are Eastern Junior corps) ... anyway to post the pics on here so we could have a look at them? ... faded and all?

Andy

Edited by ajlisko