1977 Oakland Crusaders

I know a couple of people who have videos..... There must be a number of them available. Have you tried DCW?

I know a couple of people who have videos..... There must be a number of them available. Have you tried DCW?

didn't find any there...who do you know that has the videos because i would love to get in touch with them...you can email me at -- ddumont@rogers.com ...there could be cash prizes in it for you lol...thanks

This one made me smile. The 1977 Oakland Crusaders drumline has to be included in anyone's list of best drumlines ever. What a smoking snare line!!! Downstroking done right, 16th/32nd interpretation of diddles instead of the slur-dog style of the day. Pure power drumming. Ahhhhhh......

Too bad the corps didn't make finals that year to close the deal on high drums (they won high drums in prelims that year but couldn't win the award because the corps was not in finals). Trust me, I loved the Devs line that year and I am happy they won high drums, but the Okies were probably the best line that year in my opinion. It's a shame there is not a video available so people can check out this great line.

Downstroking the Tom Float way...I don't understand the lines of today...nobody plays all the rudiments anymore -- it's all taps and diddles...i don't care what anybody says, if you don't stress downstroking -- your attacks won't be as clean, your releases not as crisp and you won't phase as much plain and simple...i know it's hard to play with all the drill work the lines have to do today but that's offset i think to a certain degree with the high tech heads and sticks etc...the other thing i noticed is that nobdy today has their own distinctive sound anymore -- everybody sounds the same and plays the same type of stuff ---back in the day you could tell if Blue Devils or SCV were playing in the distance or if you heard a bunch ticks in the air from afar you knew Madison was playing somewhere lol...if you get a chance listen to '76 Freelancers, listen to how their snares sound in their drum solo and compare it today or '76 Blue Devils tri line -- i think their tri's with the scoops underneath were called Northerns

Edited by oaklandcrusader

didn't find any there...who do you know that has the videos because i would love to get in touch with them...you can email me at -- ddumont@rogers.com ...there could be cash prizes in it for you lol...thanks

I PM'd SarniaSam with the details.