Cavalier Encores

Edited by nero14

For instance, I'd love to see a combination encore...y'know, have Phantom and Blue Devils out there, with Phantom playing Elsa's and Blue Devils playing Legend of the One-Eyed sailor; Phantom responds with Amazing Grace, BD plays When a Man Loves a Woman..etc.

Personally I think the audience would get a kick out of it...

Just got goosebumps :grouphug:

would have to be narrowed down to one or two corps though.

The Madison Scouts' encore was great!!!! I have no clue what the first song is, but thats the only one that I don't really like. Then it is followed by Uninvited/Kashmir (the singing gives me goosebumps), May You Never Walk Alone, and finally Ice Castles. At the end of Ice Castles the drum major pulls a 1997 (sort of) and takes out his cell phone while they are holding out the final chord, makes a call (don't know who he was calling), and hold the phone up to the crowd as we are going berserk, then holds it up to the band, puts the phone down on the podium and ends the chord (which lasted over a minute..maybe 2). Great crowd response for a small show (St. Peters, MO). There was a lot of disappointment when they were announced 3rd behind The Academy and Boston Crusaders, but they put on a great, entertaining show (which has turned into one of my all-time favorites).

I get to see them again tomorrow at Columbia, MO...but I think Phantom will probably be doing the encore....I'm hoping for another Scouts encore though because that was the best part of the evening for me.

cavalier encore= ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

I don't think encores are particularly high on their priority list. I remember hearing they don't put much effort or time into organizing their performance. I agree, they could do a lot more in terms of encore entertainment. I will say, standing still, that was one of the most amazing hornlines I've ever heard. If only they could sound as good on the move.

Considering where The Cavaliers have come, from an encore standpoint, they are probly pretty tired of them. Back when they won a lot (which they still do) and were "rewarded" with a victory performance...i couldn't imagine them enjoying having to play the same concert after every show, every night. They don't get to see their friends and family in the lot as long after the show, they have to keep their uniforms, drums, horns with them even longer... they were probably happy to get beat at a show. No victory gig! I can see how these performances would become a hassle, and i'm very happy to see DCI give other corps a chance. One corps burden is another corps opportunity to show that no matter how bad the show might be, they can still throw down.

I don't think encores are particularly high on their priority list. I remember hearing they don't put much effort or time into organizing their performance. I agree, they could do a lot more in terms of encore entertainment. I will say, standing still, that was one of the most amazing hornlines I've ever heard. If only they could sound as good on the move.

Considering where The Cavaliers have come, from an encore standpoint, they are probly pretty tired of them. Back when they won a lot (which they still do) and were "rewarded" with a victory performance...i couldn't imagine them enjoying having to play the same concert after every show, every night. They don't get to see their friends and family in the lot as long after the show, they have to keep their uniforms, drums, horns with them even longer... they were probably happy to get beat at a show. No victory gig! I can see how these performances would become a hassle, and i'm very happy to see DCI give other corps a chance. One corps burden is another corps opportunity to show that no matter how bad the show might be, they can still throw down.

I don't know, I hope that isn't the case at least. Victory performances were always a favorite for The Cadets and I'm sure they would LOVE to do one every night. I'm sure the same thing goes for Madison and Phantom as well, surely others at least.