Thanks to Gulf Coast Sound

I know I can speak for GCS to say that you are certainly welcome. As we continue to support each other, Texas will have its own DCA circuit so that we can get more Texas area musicians involved in this activity that we love so dearly. As your slogan says, we want to get as many as we can, "Back On The Field!"

I want to second that sentiment;

Masquerade had a blast this weekend; thanks for having us, giving us a place to perform, for our gift as well.

We really enjoyed the show;

gary

It was definitely a fun night. It was also great to get on the field with the Houston Shrine Corps, Teal Sound and Revolution. I loved hanging out afterwards after the show as well. GREAT night.

The only downside for me was having a blowout on my way home this morning. Luckily, or unluckily, I have a lot of experience changing tires on the side of the road. So, 15 minutes later I was back on my way to Frisco.

ahhh, so you had the blow out this year, I did last year, at 2am, and was in flip flops and the feast for a lovely pile of fire ants

It was an honor and pleasure to have ya'll here with us. GCDCA has put a LOT of work into making this a fun, well run show. There are some really good folks that are truly passionate about the show (and GCS) and we couldn't do it without them. In fact, they're starting TONIGHT on the 2008 edition and it's gonna be even bigger and better!

Maybe by 2010 we'll be forced to move the show to Reliant Stadium where we can close the roof and play in the AIR CONDITIONING on a DRY FIELD!!

Ahh.... dreams can be fun....

Oh, I don't know Jason. The muddy foot bath was rather refreshing! :)

Thanks to all who came to the show - it was a great night of Drum Corps! Let's do it again next year!

Ditto to all above on congratulating GCDCA , Gulf Coast Sound , the performing corps' and all the volunteers in making this show a fun and successful event. Even with the monsoon rain a few hours before step off, level heads prevailed and some adjustments made to schedule were without hesitation. GREAT JOB TO ALL !!!

Some of my impressions from the tabulators box:

I was very impressed with the brass ensemble and awesome midi set drummer of Austin Stars. I know Brett will get the rest of this fine ensemble filled out going into 2008 and has some very realistic goals set to compete in 2008. Very impressive on retreat!

Masquerade played a very New Orleans show with some great solos. Pit complimented very well. Add a few more to their ensemble, some more percussion and some guard and they will surely impress in DCA-S and Class A in 2008. The 3 that stepped up for the snare feature were AWESOME!! Welcome to DCA SOUTH !!

Arabia Shriners as always put on a fun and clean show. Especially enjoyed their rendition of Mag 7 complete with sop solo during intermission.

Revolution had nice blend and balance in their standstill performance. The corps is larger and very well trained. Would have liked to see the guard do more than stand... but they had great military bearing!

Teal Sound was large and has improved over the last week and has added a new ending to the show. Loud and impressive. Battery is coming along and should again compete for top honors in Div. II. Their guard was on tonight , especially the weapons!!

It was a shame due to the wet field conditions, that they were unable to perform their drill. But all in attendence did enjoy their different musical books. Best of luck to both corps as they head to California

Frontier - representing DCA-Central had a great brass sound and a show that is fan friendly. Even with some adversity that has happened with their percussion, if they fill up the pit with some more percussion, they will be fine come Labor Day weekend. Like the new look.

Gulf Coast Sound has to be one of the most improved Class A corps'. A large brass sound for the 21 brass and a drumline that has continued to improve over the 2007 edition. Finish up the middle of the show with the guard, and they will be right in the thick of Class A finals hunt. Jason , Dena , David and the rest of the staff have to be proud of the great strides the members have made over the last two years... keep moving forward!

Overall, it was a great night of drum corps. This is a show that all show sponsors can learn from!! Thanks to all for the great Texas hospitality. See you in Nashville then Rockmart and Alpharetta Ga. as we enter the last half of DCA-South season ....

Edited by DCASouth

The muddy foot bath was rather refreshing! :)

No it wasn't. :P