lower the hpye of mempho seriously

so I have a buddy that teaches at dutchboy and wow I can't believe what I heard about the announcer/dci. At the show they actually said the number 1 ranked memphis sound as they entered the field. I feel that was very unprofessional. Seriously, you say that and you have everyones attention. I really don't know what all the hype is about them. They stay in this little box and spin it around. If you really watch the visual and then listen to the music it is very elementary. Don't get me wrong they are performing well, but the corps is made up of older college kids and they really aren't that much ahead of 15 and 16 year olds. must be the talent of the kids not the show concept or teaching. I feel that the hype of memphis should come down a bit. Listen and watch a little harder next time you see the show, it will almost make you feel like you are in junior high again.

Peace be with you.............

first off, the corps is not a bunch of college kids.

average age of that hornline is 16

and "staying in a box and spinning around" is placing them up in the top 3 of both divisions. so they are doing something right...

first off, the corps is not a bunch of college kids.

average age of that hornline is 16

and "staying in a box and spinning around" is placing them up in the top 3 of both divisions. so they are doing something right...

:wub:

~>conner

meh, don't worry about it. Even if Mempho was doing that (which I highly doubt they are considering the past few years drill), you're right, they are performing it well. and as we have found out in drum corps the past several years, with many different corps, it's not what you do a lot of the time, it's how you do it. so either way, Mempho is impressing judges and almost all fans as they tour.

so I have a buddy that teaches at dutchboy and wow I can't believe what I heard about the announcer/dci. At the show they actually said the number 1 ranked memphis sound as they entered the field. I feel that was very unprofessional. Seriously, you say that and you have everyones attention. I really don't know what all the hype is about them. They stay in this little box and spin it around. If you really watch the visual and then listen to the music it is very elementary. Don't get me wrong they are performing well, but the corps is made up of older college kids and they really aren't that much ahead of 15 and 16 year olds. must be the talent of the kids not the show concept or teaching. I feel that the hype of memphis should come down a bit. Listen and watch a little harder next time you see the show, it will almost make you feel like you are in junior high again.

Peace be with you.............

maybe you should research before you speak. :wub:

memphohonk.jpg

Edited by DCIDanny