Question on judging

I was watching last year's finals dvd, and i was wondering if it's a first read for the Judges that judge on that night. It sounded like it was by the way they were talking, but it seems odd that the descision would be left up to Judges that havent seen them before. Just a question.

I was watching last year's finals dvd, and i was wondering if it's a first read for the Judges that judge on that night. It sounded like it was by the way they were talking, but it seems odd that the descision would be left up to Judges that havent seen them before. Just a question.

Not sure which judge you are talking about, but it is VERY rare for a judge to be doing any of the championship week shows as a "first" read. It is possible, but still rare, for the read to be the first time on that particular caption, but almost never a first time read of the corps all season.

Not sure which judge you are talking about, but it is VERY rare for a judge to be doing any of the championship week shows as a "first" read. It is possible, but still rare, for the read to be the first time on that particular caption, but almost never a first time read of the corps all season.

Just the way the percussion judge and GE music judges were talking the whole time, it was almost like they had never seen the shows before. But maybe i just took it the wrong way.

Just the way the percussion judge and GE music judges were talking the whole time, it was almost like they had never seen the shows before. But maybe i just took it the wrong way.

Proper judging technique IS to approach each show, each performance like it is a first read. So maybe their dialog was tilted that way to make this point.

The judges have judged before. Some of the judges for finals 2006 judged quarter finals. They alternate around each year for the week of finals. IF you go to recaps, if you can still find them for the week of finals, you will see some judges names a couple of times.

Edited by artlady

Proper judging technique IS to approach each show, each performance like it is a first read. So maybe their dialog was tilted that way to make this point.

Yep!