CROSSMEN NEED HOUSING SITE FOR FINALS WEEK!

Just woke up the still sleepy daughter. She doesn't know where she is except "California". She thinks they are moving tonight and then staying. Sounds like she really isn't sure. Hopefully they are set for the rest of the week. Guess we'll have to find them when we get there Wed. I hope she can give me a little better hint than "California" by then :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just woke up the still sleepy daughter. She doesn't know where she is except "California". She thinks they are moving tonight and then staying. Sounds like she really isn't sure. Hopefully they are set for the rest of the week. Guess we'll have to find them when we get there Wed. I hope she can give me a little better hint than "California" by then :)

It seems to always work out in the end, despite the uncertainty. The corps will always ensure that the kids are safe and fed. In worse case scenarios, the other corps always help out when they can too.

Crossmen stayed in Madera CA last night, so they had a short drive from the show site. The Cadets had been at that location the day before and had it an extra day. Cadets headed south to, I think, Bloomington where they will be for two days before Crossmen are there. Apparently YEA found something else for Crossmen. I broke away from tour last night so I don't know if there is any more news but they did have somewhere to stay last night and somewhere to practice today and likely something between now and when the move into Bloomington.

Crossmen stayed in Madera CA last night, so they had a short drive from the show site. The Cadets had been at that location the day before and had it an extra day. Cadets headed south to, I think, Bloomington where they will be for two days before Crossmen are there. Apparently YEA found something else for Crossmen. I broke away from tour last night so I don't know if there is any more news but they did have somewhere to stay last night and somewhere to practice today and likely something between now and when the move into Bloomington.

Contact Stuart Pompel at Pacific Crest. He and his staff have a number of local contacts. One of their staff is now band director at my alma mater (where SCV used to stay for SoCal weekend). I don't know the logistical problems with housing sites, just that there are plenty, and that PC is familiar.

This was just posted by Rick Reedy, Crossmen volunteer coordinator and alumni president.....

"The Crossmen stayed in Madera, CA at Madera South High School last night after the Clovis show. A decision will be made this morning as to the location for the rest of the week. The corps will either go to Bloomington, CA or Norco, CA. The housing situation is being worked out between Fred and Hop, all appears to be headed to a happy conclusion."

Crossmen to house in Norco for Championships

Monday, August 6, 2007

By: Caryn Goebel

Bones will move to school later this evening

The Crossmen will move to Norco High School in Norco, Calif., tonight and remain at the housing site for the duration of World Championship competition.

The announcement comes after the corps lost its originally planned housing facility and was desperately searching for a replacement. They will arrive at Norco around 5 a.m.on Tuesday, Aug. 7, according to Crossmen Director Mark Chambers.

Norco High School is located at 2065 Temescal Ave., Norco, Calif.

The Crossmen will leave Clovis East High School in Clovis, Calif. for Norco High School where they will remain until Sunday, Aug. 12. The corps annual traditional Championship Breakfast will also proceed as planned at the Norco housing site.

The Cadets, a sister corps to the Crossmen, were originally scheduled to house at Norco, but with adjustments and management at Youth Education in the Arts working the situation, an alternative plan was found. The Cadets will now remain at their current housing site at Bloomington High School in Bloomington, Calif., for the remainder of the week.

For on-site corps’ information, contact Crossmen Tour Director Fred Morrison at (210) 860-8228.