Bluecoats in 7th?

Unless Cavies have a cleaning towel better than everyone else and has a way to put a better ending on their show...I have them about 5th on Saturday.

It's the same ending they've used to hang in the top three all season. Often times I think we as fans have our own analysis of what we think should be holding a corps back, but the judges rewarding the Cavaliers the points this year haven't been holding them back. The only corps they've lost to have been Cadets, Blue Devils and Bluecoats once. I wouldn't be extremely surprised to see Cavaliers in fourth, but I would bet against it. I do think they're vulnerable, but someone's going to have to step up to take it. Everyone's cleaning right now, but Cavaliers have been sitting in third for a while and have a head start on the corps below them.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Phantom is surging, but the highest they will go is 4th. That won't be an easy task though, as that means they have to pass up Bluecoats, who are every bit as good as Phantom is, if not a lot better.

Right - this quote makes sense. You can tell by the separation of 10 points over the average of all the regionals that Bluecoats are A LOT better than Phantom.

Oh wait - they are separated by .005 just from regionals, and if you averaged in their scores on the other head to head matchups - Phantom would actually have a higher score I believe.

So it seems to me that they are pretty close, and one (as of Saturday) isn't "a lot better" than the other.

Right - this quote makes sense. You can tell by the separation of 10 points over the average of all the regionals that Bluecoats are A LOT better than Phantom.

Oh wait - they are separated by .005 just from regionals, and if you averaged in their scores on the other head to head matchups - Phantom would actually have a higher score I believe.

So it seems to me that they are pretty close, and one (as of Saturday) isn't "a lot better" than the other.

Anything could happen, you're right. I think Phantom will beat Bluecoats come Saturday. I was just pointing out that it won't be easy to do.

Anything could happen, you're right. I think Phantom will beat Bluecoats come Saturday. I was just pointing out that it won't be easy to do.

Just as it won't be easy for Bluecoats to stay ahead of Phantom - as we have seen the usual late season surge come through for Phantom.

These 2 corps will be side by side come finals night - unless one of them sneaks into 3rd and puts the Cavaliers inbetween them.

I think SCV and Carolina will be out of the Top 5.

Just as it won't be easy for Bluecoats to stay ahead of Phantom - as we have seen the usual late season surge come through for Phantom.

These 2 corps will be side by side come finals night - unless one of them sneaks into 3rd and puts the Cavaliers inbetween them.

I think SCV and Carolina will be out of the Top 5.

Bluecoats and Phantom certainly have figured out how to make moves during Finals Week. Just look at last year when Bluecoats jumped from 6th to 4th and Phantom when from 3rd to 2nd from semifinals to finals.

Maybe they'll BOTH do that again this year and not only stay ahead of both CCrown and SCV but both pass Cavaliers!!!

We can hope, can't we?!?!!???

Anyone who's following this thread needs to read the latest "Inside the Arc" column by Frank Dorritie.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/content/view/2265/53/

Bloo 'til you're Blue!

kf

Thanks, Kenny!! I had missed that -- and it just made me feel really good!!! Even brought a little tear or two.

Let's Go BLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!

Bluecoats and Phantom certainly have figured out how to make moves during Finals Week. Just look at last year when Bluecoats jumped from 6th to 4th and Phantom when from 3rd to 2nd from semifinals to finals.

Maybe they'll BOTH do that again this year and not only stay ahead of both CCrown and SCV but both pass Cavaliers!!!

We can hope, can't we?!?!!???

Wow...I said the same thing a few posts ago and got my asbestos undies toasted.

Again...I see a very possible scenario where Cavies finish 5th with Bluecoats and Regiment ahead of them.

I think the only thing I'm sure of is the top 2 will be BD and Cadets (not necessarily in that order)

After that 3-7 is going to be wonderful to watch. I see Boston, Blue Knights, Colts, Glassmen and then more fun as corps fight for 12th.

Going to be a fun Friday and an even better Saturday night.

I would very much doubt that the Cavies, Cadets and Blue Devils will not be the top 3 corps. IMO, anything from 4-7 is completely up for grabs. If any of the remaining four corps were to get 7th, I'd put my money on Crown. But, even that's a HUGE prediction right there. Phantom has their percussion for them, Bluecoats their brass, Crown their visual. SCV is certainly a wild card. I doubt they will finish top 3 in any caption, where as Bluecoats, Crown and Phantom might. But, SCV may have enough of an edge in GE and Visual to pull them up. Who knows...it's going to be a thrill ride.

I only will stand by the 1 prediction I've stood by all season........the Cadets will win it all.

Let's just remember back to last season ... the Bluecoats were "ahead" of SCV and Cadets all season, fell behind Cadets in quarters, were behind both SCV and Cadets in semifinals and had EVERYONE talking about how they peaked to soon (just like this season) ... and then they jumped back in front of both on Finals night to take 4th.

Two years ago, they lost to Madison in quarterfinals for the 11th time in 11 meeting up to that point in the season (I think it was 11) ... then tied them in semifinals and beat them for 5th place in Finals.

Well, last year was virtually a tie between 3 corps for 4th place. I honestly, as much as I disliked their show, felt that the Cadets should have been solidly in 4th, with a toss up for 5th between Bluecoats and SCV.

In 2005, I had Bluecoats in front of Madison in Semis, but behind them in Finals.

The more telling story of last year's Bluecoats was that they took 4th in a highly competitive and tight race that involved the Cadets. That says alot right there. However, I felt that until this year, the 2005 Bluecoats were their best corps ever, regardless of placements. I think their show is off the hook this year. I love it. No doubt their best corps ever, whether they place 1st or 7th. IMO, SCV has the best overall package in DCI this year, so I'm really hoping they can pull it all together and soar up in the standings...

In two days, the real fun begins.