New Capital Brass! brass ensemble pic!

Capital%20Brass%20track2.jpg

Yes, that IS a valve trombone.

Don't worry.... His baritone just arrived on Friday and he'll be playing THAT at the Rochester show!

Our new brass ensemble debuted at the track Saturday morning with some fine success.

Although the brass ensemble will perform with just 10 brass and 1-3 percussion, beginning in the fall, we had a few extra horses Saturday: 5 trumpets, 2 mello, 5 bari, 1 tuba, 1 percussion. The group strolled the picnic grounds for an hour and a half and entertained the crowd with a mix of tunes, that included:

Concierto de Aranjuez

Sway

Memories of You

Hey, Pachuco

Peter Gunn

Danny Boy

Batman Theme

Get it On

Late in the Evening

and more

We finished it all up with the National Anthem, broadcast live over the OTB television network.

Capital Brass! will appear at the track again on August 12th, 19th and 26th; in addition to a Brass-O-Mania! appearance on Travers Day, August 25th.

CB! will also perform in Ballston Spa on August 18th.

The full mini-corps will compete at the DCA I&E event on Labor Day weekend.

And we'll get together with some friends for the CB! Alumni All-stars, at the Uncle Sam parade on Sunday, September 9th.

The season is winding down, and you're about to miss it.

If you didn't step up for one of our ensembles THIS year, don't let the opportunity pass you again, when we start again in the fall.

We are looking for big things from both the brass ensemble and mini-corps for 2008. Our young program which just debuted last December is NOT STOPPING HERE.

Our 2008 brass ensemble is already filled. DON'T WAIT FOR THE MINI-CORPS SPOTS TO BE GONE AS WELL. The season starts in October, so it's not too early to step up and be counted.

If you can read music; have a good work ethic and a positive, constructive attitude; and have a reasonable amount of practical playing experience, we likely have a spot for you.

ALSO SEEKING AN ARRANGER/PERFORMER PLUS 2 OR 3 OTHER VERY EXPERIENCED PLAYERS FOR A BATTERY SECTION TO PERFORM WITH OUR BRASS ENSEMBLE AND MINI-CORPS IN 2008.

For all positions, please note:

only applicants seeking a WOW experience need apply.

Edited by brassomaniac

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see... where ARE we?

Reorganize CB! as a brass ensemble for Fall '06 ...... check

Produce mini-corps for Spring '07 ...... check

Create strolling version of CB! for parades ...... check

Perform in National I&E and Mini-corps events ...... check

Produce "Birth of a Mini-corps" Documentary ....... check

DCI performance debut ...... check

series of appearances alongside pro acts at the Saratoga Race Track ....... check

still to come:

return to DCA Championships - Labor Day Weekend

Not a bad first year so far!

Edited by brassomaniac

trombone?

did you read the caption? That's soloist John Blood. Once again: Just got his baritone in, on Friday. We've added 3 more bari's in the last month or so, and just didn't have a horn for him yet. Wait `til you hear him at DCA!

We sometimes have used an upright tuba player as well. Not the only corps to use a DCA-illegal instrument outside of competition this year. (there are some pictures of at least one of them in this forum)

And, in 92/93, we used a whole section of tromboniums on the contest field (got them from Madison Scouts); they were really just short valve trombones.

Stare at it - hate it - call us a brass band - flame away! OR.. focus on what we've been able to accomplish, mostly done over the last 7 months. We promised something new and completely different; with a NUMBER of performance personalities.

The mini-corps at DCA will be a perfectly legal drum corps. And the new brass ensemble we send will be under one month old!

Edited by brassomaniac

sorry. good luck.

This post has been edited by M&Mbozo: Today, 08:11 PM

Sorry you don't see the value of what we're doing: and how it connects to the activity.

I know that this isn't for everyone.

As we push ahead, I'm sure we'll be ticking SOME MORE people off.

In advance: I'm truly sorry for any offence that might be taken. I really have a respect for what has come before. And, my efforts are in no way meant to show any disrespect for that.

Just blazin' a different path is all.

Edited by brassomaniac