Bluecoats Hornline Member colided with Judge?

Sounded a bit like you had a chip on your shoulder, as if you were saying that the judges opinion is the only one that matters and how dare I disagree with him or you. Actually, I thought that Crown, Cadets, Blue Devils and Regiment were all better than the 'Coats in brass, in that order. Oh well. Just goes to show you never can tell.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a chip at all.

Being a percussionist, I don't pretend to know a lot about the brass side of things, however I do know that Bluecoats and Phantom last night were my two favorite hornlines. I would have had Coats on top last night, but Phantom wouldn't have been far behind and that gap could go either way on a given night.

Honestly, I had prepared to give it to Phantom, as I did when I saw both nights of Allentown, but I didn't prepare for the Blue Devils to come out and play as well as they did. It's been quite a few years since that front ensemble has impressed me as much as it did, but boy did it ever last night. Some positively unreal stuff coming from the front, and the battery section played with a vengeance last night, much like the rest of the drum corps.

Again, it wouldn't shock me one bit if I were to see Phantom on top of the caption tonight though.

I do agree with Marty Griffin's call - being judged by him on both of the DCI and DCA levels, he definitely calls it like he sees it, and his numbers management was top notch last night.

Uh... read my previous responses.

Good lord, remind me to sleep longer than 6 hours next time. Maybe I'll sound nicer when I post. :beer:

Better yet, maybe I'll just speak in all emoticons next time.

Here - my real opinion: I agreed with the brass judge. I've been a Bluecoats fan since my days back in div I 4 years ago. I liked Phantom last night too - but then again, I thought I already stated this?

Can I go back to bed now and find my shiny happy posting style that won't make everyone think I'm bitter?

I'd love to.

someone have a report from Bluecoats camp?

I'd love to.

someone have a report from Bluecoats camp?

Unfortunately, it's only 7:30 AM out there, so there probably aren't too many up and computering yet.

Yes ... computering.

bump.

would like to keep this where it will be updated with info when available