5 Suggestions....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4. I've been known to 'shh' a few HS kids in the past during shows you dont have to be rude about it,

i was shhushed at the atlanta show 2006, :worthy: by 2 guys during SOJSU warm-up.

i am ahuge fan of this corps, i marched SOA (80 & 81)

i was talking with one of the show organizers, SOJSU volunteer, and who had a son on the field.

She was giving me the "inside" scoop of the show, in no way were we being disrespectful to the corps. :worthy:

They were in my opinion, over reacting b**bs

S

1. GO TO THE STADIUM ON A QUIET NIGHT AND TURN THE F***ING LIGHTS ON!

Seriously, I have never heard lights that loud, it was brutal.

I was scratching my head at the break for quarters - a 60 minute break scheduled at 3:12pm, and only just over an hour and a half into the show. It was way to early to be having a 60 minute break, IMO. Not sure if there were other reasons for having it so early in the show.

Seriously, I have never heard lights that loud, it was brutal.

I know you were serious -- I just liked the way you phrased it :)

You're right -- it was brutal. And I grew up listening to the 'el' trains all night, so you'd think I'd know how to get used to something like that !!!!

Ranks up there with the elevator alarm bell in Foxboro. Hopefully in Indy, all this stuff will be vetted in advance -- and in any event, maybe improvements can be made year to year for anything that sneaks thru.

I was scratching my head at the break for quarters - a 60 minute break scheduled at 3:12pm, and only just over an hour and a half into the show. It was way to early to be having a 60 minute break, IMO. Not sure if there were other reasons for having it so early in the show.

I'm going to venture a guess to say it probably had something to do with setting up for the movie theater telecast?

1. I'm wondering if this has been thought out / addressed: Placement of the amped speakers in relation to the microphones that are used for recording? The early season (and last years finals) recordings had sometimes overbearing sound coming from the pit. From what I saw this year, most stacks were close to the stationary mics as well as the boom mic operators standing right by them.

2. Trooping the stands should be mandatory.

3. (This one might be worth it's own thread) What are the best camera settings for taking pictures from the stands?

Edited by dsaeger

Make sure to make the announcement at the end of the break about not entering/leaving the stands during a performance. This was especially annoying on Finals night - people didn't hear the announcement or just didn't care were pushing past those that were patiently waiting in the tunnel... and then expecting to get to their seat in the middle of a row IN THE MIDDLE OF a performance. It was really distracting for like the first four corps on finals night, and they didn't even go through my row.

For some people I'm sure this was their first and maybe only show this year. I don't think saying it just once before the first corps goes on is enough... especially in a stadium where everyone in a row needs to stand up for someone to get to their seat. Yes I know traffic flow in that stadium sucked... but courtesy doesn't need to go out the window...