If all shows were like the 2007 Cadets

If all shows were like the 2007 Cadets  

249 members have voted

1. 1. I would most likely

• Be even more of a fan
    • Interest level would stay the same
    • Be less of a fan
    • Stop being a fan

I just watched the Cadets show again. It has to be my least favorite show ever. It is sad, because the music is awesome. But I can't get around that high schoolesque dialogue. I hope this doesn't turn into an epidemic.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short answer: no.

Details: Of course not because I wouldn't go to shows or buy CDs if all shows were like any particular corps. What fun would that be?

I don't even know what that means... :worthy:

Drum Corps already IS a boring game of "copy the leader"...so I'd just as soon everyone look and sound like BD than look and sound like Garfield or Cavies *yawn*.

There used to be a ton of unique styles out there, but not anymore.

Thats what I meant.......The same , aka Sterile , Some of us would resort to DCA for Shows.

Its simply personal preference.

-Bill

Smart, honest question. Childish answer.

-kg

Musinaship was very good. Being a Non-music major its quite hard to absorb the intent of the music.......and with vocal interuptions. DCI has upped the notch for more literate minded music

instructors , and Band menbers to atted contests. Do they realluy undertand the presentations?

I still like DCA and for some people its still exciting. That was my intent. Props to those who understand Most of the shows out there. Classical Music is understood by a minority.

I'm not one. I simply help support DCI members who don't have the money to tour. Tats my contribution to them. Not all of us are people who major in Music . I did at one time in percussion and that was it. I wish DCI the best. I prefer DCA.

-Bill

Musinaship was very good. Being a Non-music major its quite hard to absorb the intent of the music.......and with vocal interuptions. DCI has upped the notch for more literate minded music

instructors , and Band menbers to atted contests. Do they realluy undertand the presentations?

I still like DCA and for some people its still exciting. That was my intent. Props to those who understand Most of the shows out there. Classical Music is understood by a minority.

I'm not one. I simply help support DCI members who don't have the money to tour. Tats my contribution to them. Not all of us are people who major in Music . I did at one time in percussion and that was it. I wish DCI the best. I prefer DCA.

-Bill

Honest answer......Maybe you have a Condescending attitude. Is the average person Childish??

If you can only attrcat a microcosm of music realted participants , the audience narrows. Ypu answere are sounding like Fake Minister , super trumpet player "Dr. Michael Schmidt"......no substance.

-Bill

Details: Of course not because I wouldn't go to shows or buy CDs if all shows were like any particular corps. What fun would that be?

I was hoping people would not be so literal with the question. Of course no one would want to see the "exact" same show out of each group. I think it is safe to say that for the most part a show is derived from a finite palate of elements. Things such as rotating boxes, company fronts, high velocity pass-throughs, a few bars of dissonance, a long held note with a resonating release, etc., are common across most shows. If the unique elements of the Cadet's show this year became common elements used by the majority of the groups in the future, would you still be a fan?

I used this show as an example because across the board all the elements were executed well and the show had a high level of overall excellence. Even with all that excellence, do you want to see more shows in the same vein?

For those of you twitching to parse words please see all qualifiers marked in bold.

-kg

Drills were quite nice. It took a lot of hard rehersal time. The results were very accomplishment.

-Bill

I was hoping people would not be so literal with the question. Of course no one would want to see the "exact" same show out of each group. I think it is safe to say that for the most part a show is derived from a finite palate of elements. Things such as rotating boxes, company fronts, high velocity pass-throughs, a few bars of dissonance, a long held note with a resonating release, etc., are common across most shows. If the unique elements of the Cadet's show this year became common elements used by the majority of the groups in the future, would you still be a fan?

I used this show as an example because across the board all the elements were executed well and the show had a high level of overall excellence. Even with all that excellence, do you want to see more shows in the same vein?

For those of you twitching to parse words please see all qualifiers marked in bold.

-kg

I enjoyed the Cadets Brass performance , and the excecution of the Cadets Percussion. Great stuff and performed in a very precise manner. I was going to host Cadets in July but a Snafu came up. I am not a supporter of Cadets but the Housing was free with A/C. There are other corps that as a "whole" I enjoy more. Bottom line is , the Cadets had a problem with housing and I wanted to help.

Bill

Like KG said, your litteral answer to a very good question only serves to deflect the question.

Do you actually HAVE an opinion (a real one?), or are you too busy shuffling threads and topics around and shutting down real conversation?