Recruiting and Retention

Seven Steps to a Successful Recruiting and Retention Program

GREAT article Lee!!!

Should be required reading for anyone involved in the management of a new/rebuilding DCA corps!

We learned these 7 principles the hard way by trial and error when we put the corps together. We didn't always get it right, and it sometimes cost us, but we have been adhering to these principles for years now. Thank you for taking the time to capture and share these principles for the drum corps community.

Interesting...but how many organizations will actually go for #6?

For me, embracing the internet doesn't have to mean embracing every part of the internet. We have a private forum for just corps, corps family, staff, etc. that gets almost as many posts daily as the DCA forums on DCP. For us, it helps create a sense of community within the corps which is part of what Lee is getting at with step #6.

For me, embracing the internet doesn't have to mean embracing every part of the internet. We have a private forum for just corps, corps family, staff, etc. that gets almost as many posts daily as the DCA forums on DCP. For us, it helps create a sense of community within the corps which is part of what Lee is getting at with step #6.

We have had it since after the 2001 season (a private board) But it's public boards that I am talking about. I think there should be more freedom tp post the things that we want to post, and I am willing to bet there are people in other corps that feel the same way.

You should be able to post where, and when you want. As you long as you are responsible about what you say, and who you represent...it should be all good.

This corps (the Renegades) was born from the internet...litterally.

We have had it since after the 2001 season (a private board) But it's public boards that I am talking about. I think there should be more freedom tp post the things that we want to post, and I am willing to bet there are people in other corps that feel the same way.

:sshh:

:sshh:

Ditto.

Ditto.

Some corps don't like members who can think and make decisions for themselves.

But what do I know, I just march corps to pick up chicks. :blink:

I have found the perfect home in the Renegades.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

You should be able to post where, and when you want. As you long as you are responsible about what you say, and who you represent...it should be all good.

This corps (the Renegades) was born from the internet...litterally.

Our membership is allowed to post when and where they want in a responsible manner. I do, however, understand why some corps may think it better to restrict posting on public forums. That's great for them. I guess I would never say "You should be able to post...". It's their choice. I'd say "I prefer being in a corps that is able to post...". In our case, even though we don't restrict posting to public forums, members just like to use our private forum as headquarters for our cyber community. We can post pictures directly, share files easily, and most people wouldn't be all that interested in what we post among ourselves anyway. :)