Austin Stars 2008

The Austin Stars, Texas’ newest all-age drum & bugle corps, will hold their open house and first camp of the ’08 season on Saturday, November 17, 2007 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Lehman High School in Kyle, Texas. Click here for map and directions. Membership is open to adults age 21 and up with some exceptions made to those between 18 and 21.

Keith McKeachie is joining us as a program consultant. He is the guard caption head at Connally and Hendrickson High Schools. Both schools marching bands were state 4A finalists in 2005. Keith is a former instructor with several bands and winter guards in the midwest and was on the visual and brass staff of Limited Edition Drum & Bulge Corps from Columbus, OH.

The rest of the Austin Stars staff and the corps show will be announced no later than mid October. We will travel to local DCA contests in Texas and neighboring states and will compete in the Class A division at the 2008 DCA World Championships in Rochester, New York. For more information, visit the corps website at www.austinstars.org.

Edited by Austin Stars

Best wishes for a successful start!

Bring it on Austin! Can't wait to have a 3rd competitive DCA corps on the field from Texas!

Scary thought -- a DCA Texas region...?

Let's see... Houston, Dallas, Austin... Hmmm, can I buy a franchise in San Antonio or El Paso? Lubbock?? Waco???

Good luck to you guys!

Edited by K2SMA

I don't think we'll be ready to head to DCA, but maybe..we had a pretty good jump this year. You'll have to let us know how it goes..triumphs and logistical nightmares would be great info. for us to plan against.

Right now I think we have about half the corps says that we're ready, and half that says we're not. Maybe we'll just flip a coin and jump off the cliff. :worthy:

Good Luck! I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a great year!

Are you doing full fledged show design or what? I know, have to wait 'til October, but are you guys pitted and everything? Just curious.