Why Blue?

So, while my family and I were waiting to drive away from finals, the question arose as to why there are so many corps with the name "Blue' attached: Devils, coats, Knights, Stars, Saints, etc.

Why?

I know there were a few "Emerald", "Black" and "Golden" corps in the past. Where do the colors come from?

Enlighten me.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, while my family and I were waiting to drive away from finals, the question arose as to why there are so many corps with the name "Blue' attached: Devils, coats, Knights, Stars, Saints, etc.

Why?

I know there were a few "Emerald", "Black" and "Golden" corps in the past. Where do the colors come from?

Enlighten me.

From what I understand, blue was the VFW color... perhaps someone more knowledgeable can say more though..

Blue is also the 1st place color, at least it was in my little league and horse riding competitions. Also goes along the lines of Blue Ribbon (1st place).

I guess that makes sense...

Where do the colors come from?

Enlighten me.

When light waves reach the eye in various wavelengths...

Try the veal and tip your waitress!

I heard that in a recent poll, more people worldwide chose blue as their favorite color than any other.

The study confirmed what my corps knew all along...women prefer men in pink and men favor the color blue:http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20361263/ B)

Why?

Enlighten me.

Cuz u'd loose them on the field if they wore green? :P