When Drum Corps Ruled the World!

I just pulled out my DCI and DCA recordings from that year. It seems that i listen to that year the most. There isn't one corps in the collection that I pass over. Although I usually go to Madison, SCV or BD first, I'm just as happy with Black Knights, Saints (not top twelve but part of the collection) or Etibicoke!

On the Senior side I'll cue up Skyliners more than any other recording I have. But throw in any of them and I am one happy camper. I'm sure it helps that I marched DCI that year and saw many of the corps and marched against them. And coming from a Drum Corps family, I grew up listening to Senior corps that were gone by the time I marched(Ballantine Brewers anyone?).

Anyway what was the year for you.................

WHEN DRUM CORPS RULED THE WORLD!

I've been following this post since it began, trying to make my decision.

Every year I marched was special, but if I use the original inspiration posted here, I have to go with 1975 as well. Musically, it does it for me every time.

That was also the year we last competed in NJA's Winter Guard circuit -- that last show in Wildwood was a great way to kick off our best summer season.

jo

Edited by JoSaints

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic